Microsoft Movie maker question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DoubleDip

Contributor
Reaction score
Say, I used Microsoft movie maker to "make a slideshow" for my sons 7th grade biology class, which is fine, however I clicked delete on one of the images thinking it was just being removed from the show. Everything was fine, the Teacher and the children are all ready to suit up and join us underwater after seeing the images on that disc. The next day I decided to modify the show just a little, I found that some of my favorite pictures were missing(the old broken link thing) unfortunatly they were not just missing they are gone completly from my hard drive. Does anyone else have knowledge of this?

DoubleDip:
Say, I used Microsoft movie maker to "make a slideshow" for my sons 7th grade biology class, which is fine, however I clicked delete on one of the images thinking it was just being removed from the show. Everything was fine, the Teacher and the children are all ready to suit up and join us underwater after seeing the images on that disc. The next day I decided to modify the show just a little, I found that some of my favorite pictures were missing(the old broken link thing) unfortunatly they were not just missing they are gone completly from my hard drive. Does anyone else have knowledge of this?

I don't recognise your particular problem but I know that the version of Movie maker that comes with XP has some bugs. You can upgrade it from the Microsoft site. Maybe that will help.

R..

DoubleDip:
I'm assuming you've looked in your Recycle bin?

XP doesn't overwrite deleted files until it needs that exact disk space again. It just removes the information that points to the file. So it's probable that your files are still there. Try an undelete program like this:

http://www.executive.com/file-recovery/file-recovery.asp

I think you can even try it for free. There's others' out there, this was the first one that looked good when I googled Microsoft XP Undelete.

Most files are recoverable even if everything's been deleted, even after a format. That's why any computers I sell get their disks wiped and formatted, for personal stuff the drives get the 20lb. sledgehammer option. That's why you see ex-dot.com computers sold on eBay without drives.

When I hear about problems like this...it makes me glad I still shoot film!

DoubleDip:

When you delete an image from Movie Maker, it should prompt to give you the option of removing the image from the project or removing it from the project and harddrive. It should have defaulted to remove from the project only, but I've also been bitten by the same issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom