Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders, Add your favorite dive spots to our directory!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toodive4:
Quarries, Quarries, Quarries

Guppy Gulch - Delta PA
Bainbridge Quarry - Bainbridge PA
Willow Springs - PA
Hydes Quarry - Hydes MD
Whiteford Quarry - Whiteford MD
Millbrook Quarry - VA
Dutch Springs - PA
Lake Rawlings - VA
Mount Storm - WV

Then there are always:

Ocean City MD - Wreck Diving (great spearfishing and lobstering)
The Fenwick Shoals (great spearfishing and lobstering)
Chesapeake Bay - Oyster Diving
Calvert Cliffs - Fossil / Shark Teeth Diving

Is that enough ideas?

Yup all this stuff seems great to me... Now i just need some buddies to go with.

toodive4:

Guppy Gulch - Delta PA
Willow Springs - PA
Hydes Quarry - Hydes MD
Millbrook Quarry - VA
Dutch Springs - PA
Lake Rawlings - VA
Mount Storm - WV

Then there are always:

Is that enough ideas?

Do you have anywebsites or contacts for the Quarries... I'll Start.

Dutch Springs - www.dutchsprings.com
Lake Rawlings - www.lakerawlings.com

all i've been to so far is portage quarry in bowling green. wasn't too bad. nice big fish, couple small boats a car and 1 plane, appears to be an old leer. the vis was about 20 ft. theres one by cleveland i believe that just sank a sikorsky. iwas planning to do some of the shallow wrcks in erie. according to everything i've read there are about 100 + wreaks there. weatern erie ranges about 30-60 foot. the surface temp is about 74 from what i've been told. that of course fell through.

Guppy Gulch - Delta PA
Willow Springs - PA
Hydes Quarry - Hydes MD
Millbrook Quarry - VA
Dutch Springs - PA
Lake Rawlings - VA
Mount Storm - WV

Then there are always:

Is that enough ideas?

Can I get more info on Whiteford Quarry or Hydes Quarry.

Thanks

Baltimore Harbor... a whole new uniqueness to visiting downtown Baltimore... In the summer, the harbor is usually full of life. Schooling menhaden bring in schools of striped bass... which bring in schools of Bluefish... which bring in the Bull Sharks. The sometime large groupings of White Perch, Croakers even Bluegills can also be seen. Maryland Blue Crabs... big American Eels and more. Stay away from the toxic bottom, wear thick full body protection and dodge the floating drug addict needles and condoms, be prepared to clear the trash out of the way as you resurface and brush the little crabs, shrimps and barnacle worms out of your gear... and you'll really enjoy yourself...

The "add a listing" link is broken, and I can't seem to find this directory you speak of. Thanks,

Along with the launch of the ScubaBoard Portal, ScubaBoard has added several new features to our website including The InsideScubaC.om Directory. InsideScuba is a directory of commercial dive operators/shops but also a place to post and find dive spots around the world. Since this is a new service we are starting at the ground and that’s why we need your help! Since you are on this board odds are you dive and you probably dive often at one or more amazing sites, sites which belong in our directory! So, if you have a moment please head on over to our add a listing page and submit your latest dive spot to our directory so other divers can get a head start on picking their next destination!

Thank you for your continued involvement with the ScubaBoard community!

Hydes is not worth the time... poor vis... nothing to see, shallow and no facilities

Whiteford is a nice quarry... privately owned and I'm not sure anyone is using it anymore. It is only about 10 minutes or so from Guppy Gulch on the MD side of the line. Very clear but nothing to really see.

Hydes is not worth the time... poor vis... nothing to see, shallow and no facilities
How deep is it? I'd like to dive it on some weekend in June just because I'll be in Gettysburg and it's close. :) Anyone like to join me? I'm open the weekends of the 14th and 28th. Or I'm up for going to Bainbridge, but I've been there before. I haven't been to Willow Springs or Guppy Gulch, so might consider heading there as well.

Let me know if anyone would like to buddy up either of those weekends and where... :)

Take care, c.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom