midweek dive, tickle stick question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafisch

Reaction score
OK, two birds with one stone here.

First, I'm looking for a buddy, cape ann/lobsters preferred, tues, wed, or thurs (8/9-8/11).

Second, can anyone tell me about regulations for/experiences with tickle sticks. I went with a guy who had one today, and he sure did better than I did. Says it can only be bent to a 45 degree angle.

thanks,

fischman

scubafisch:
OK, two birds with one stone here.

First, I'm looking for a buddy, cape ann/lobsters preferred, tues, wed, or thurs (8/9-8/11).

Second, can anyone tell me about regulations for/experiences with tickle sticks. I went with a guy who had one today, and he sure did better than I did. Says it can only be bent to a 45 degree angle.

thanks,

fischman

45 sounds about right. I know there is a reg about this but I am too lazy too look it up. I gave up the stick recently and have been doing better for it. I am trying out a shorter version, kind of a sawed off tickle stick that is easier to carry around. Someone on the board talked about making thier own out of aluminum dowels and that works great. All you need is a drill press and a hack saw to make them and at about 25% of the price at the local shop.

better to make em out of PVC dowels...they can bend a little bit as opposed to the metal that is unbending...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom