Miflex and Atomic B2 + Aeris Atmos AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

accel_scuba

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there any way to use a miflex hose with an Atomic B2 and preserve the swivel?

How about the high pressure miflex with an Aeris Atmos AI? No way to do it with the quick disconnect?

Thanks!

You will need to purchase a OMNI Swivel, if you want to use a Miflex hose. No, on the pressure gauge, unless Oceanic/Aeries changed connection on the QD hose.

Thanks -- appreciate it. I just purchased the gear from ScubaToys and they said it couldn't be done on the primary. I can always add it later.....

Thanks!

If you go to Miflex you won't need the swivel.

I use Miflex hoses on my Atomic T2 with the swivel. Is the B2 swivel different from the T2? :idk:

But yeah, in any case you won't need the swivel if you go with Miflex.

You'll need to do the following:
1. Take off the swival
2. Put on a Atomic "jam nut" - takes up space on the threaded barrel
3. Get on Omni Swival
4. Put on Miflex Hose

Feel free to contact me on Monday and I can hook you up with everything you need!

Well, I'm diving several regs that I've upgraded with both MIFLEX and the Atomic swivel hoses and I'm now going to share with you the following good information:

PN 02-0095-3P (stainless) Atomic regs only (for my M1)
PN 02-0195-3P (titanium) Atomic regs only (for my T2)
PN 02-0097-3P (universal fit for all other regs) (for all my Apeks / Mares /Aqualung regs)

While I upgraded all the LP hoses to MIFLEX on 6 regs this winter, I decided to ... NOT ... 'go MIFLEX' on my primary 2nd stages, but instead go with the neat Atomic swivel hoses for that application instead for the following reasons:

1) MIFLEX is sometimes a little too bendy/floaty, which makes 2nd-stage 'recovery' more difficult as the 2nd stage is more prone to float/drift away-out of reach than the standard, stiffer 'old fashioned' type hose.

2) Also, there are reports that in higher current/flow conditions the MIFLEX hoses are more prone to fluttering/vibrating in the breeze, so to speak, so the 'old-fashioned' hoses are more resistant to that. being stiffer.

3) The Atomic swivels are of a much higher quality/safer design than the Omniswivel versions, as over the years there are many reports of the Omniswivel style/design ones coming apart underwater...there is a small screw that holds the 2 little clamshell halves of the Omniswivel together, and this design has a bad habit of unscrewing/coming apart at bad times, so you have to maintain/monitor the Omniswivel and make sure it isn't working itself loose, which isn't something I wanted to have to worry about, hence the decision to go with the Atomic swivels.

4) this is purely cosmetic, but I like the 'finished'/sleek look of the Atomic swivel hoses, especially where they attach to the 2nd stages, no ugly bare metal exposed connection but neat, smart looking rubber swivel 'boots'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom