Miflex HP hose question for XS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lyonsce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased 2 HP Miflex hoses to attach to my consoles. I attached to an Aeris and a Genesis SPG and no matter how tight or loose I attach they both leak at the bottom of the Miflex connector. I looked at the old HP hoses and they have a needle valve in the connector at the SPG side and the Miflex doesn't. Is there an adapter needed or are these hoses not compatible with my SPGs? I stumped and really disappointed since I use Miflex LP on all my stuff and I was really looking forward to the HP version. XS Scuba please help!!!

what you call a needle valve is most likely the spool. that's is always needed for the SPG. it does not come with any hose. remove it from the old one, check o-ring for wear and replace as needed and put it into the SPG where it connects to the hose. attach hose to spg and you're done.

Thanks, that's exactly what it was. I must have a senior moment....

This is a timely thread. I have a wireless AI computer, but purchase a miflex HP hose and a brass pressure gauge. Since they are both new, I don't have a spool I don't think. Do I need to get one?

if you don't have one then you need one. they are about $3-5 so it'll be easy on your wallet.

Back
Top Bottom