Migrating my certification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skyleth

New
Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to italy this summer for 2 months, and I wanted to do some diving while i was there, checking out what information i could find on line, i notice that most Scuba shops in Italy are: SSI, PADI, and NAUI... I was certified by IDEA will i have any problems renting equiptment and diving?

Also, I was wondering if there was anyway i could get a PADI/SSI/NAUI c-card without having to go back and take OpenWater1 all over again? Currently i don't have enough time and money (although I wish I did) to take OW2 or a Nitrox course in SSI, PADI, or NAUI...

Can't help you with your certs but...Welcome to the Board!

Originally posted by Skyleth
Also, I was wondering if there was anyway i could get a PADI/SSI/NAUI c-card without having to go back and take OpenWater1 all over again? Currently i don't have enough time and money (although I wish I did) to take OW2 or a Nitrox course in SSI, PADI, or NAUI...
The answer is a qualified "yes." With the recommendation of an SSI dealer and a small fee, SSI will issue you a "C" card based on your IDEA training. To get the dealer recommendation generally requires an oral quiz, some release of liability paperwork (naturally) and a dive with an SSI instructor where you demonstrate you know what you're doing. It varies from shop to shop, so ask.
To find an SSI shop near you go to www.ssiusa.com
Rick

You can also just take any class, like a specialty, and get a new card that way. Or you could take Advanced Open Water and get a new one through another agency.

Scott

:yellow: Hi there. Yes all you have to do is take a course from the agency of your choice. and you well have crossed over. the best ones to take would be either advanced open water or rescue diver.
:yellow:

Back
Top Bottom