Military Encouragement for Matt Johnston!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2Tours N Iraq`

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Attention All Military! Most of us already know who Matt Johnston is (Matt the Wonder Boy is his ScubaBoard name) but if you haven't heard of him, check his website out at www.scubadivingdream.com and support him in any way you can. This thread is devoted to him as a means of encouragement from those of us who serve. If you are a Navy SEAL, he would particularly love to hear any stories and support as that is what he would be if he weren't afflicted with Muscular Distrophy. Help him make his dream come true. You'll be glad you did!

Check out Matt's Profile at http://www.scubaboard.com/member28544.html

Matt, keep the spirits up and as soon as you get pictures posted of your first dive, let us know so we can share in the joy of your accomplishment.

I second that. I've helped how I can. Help his dream become a reality!

Awesome, has my support. I may not be a Navy SEAL but, I would dive with him.

DMP:

DMP, you are more like a baby seal dude....

Cool drysuit matt..

Awww gee Mark thank you, btw how is your other haunt going????

Anyway, I say we make Matt an honorary member to all branches of the service.

I second that!

2Tours N Iraq`:
Attention All Military! Most of us already know who Matt Johnston is (Matt the Wonder Boy is his ScubaBoard name) but if you haven't heard of him, check his website out at www.scubadivingdream.com and support him in any way you can. This thread is devoted to him as a means of encouragement from those of us who serve. If you are a Navy SEAL, he would particularly love to hear any stories and support as that is what he would be if he weren't afflicted with Muscular Distrophy. Help him make his dream come true. You'll be glad you did!

Thanks for posting this 2Tours!

Matt,

I checked out your home page, and found it to be quite inspiring. I truly hope you get the chance to fulfill your dream! I've been out of the service for quite awhile, but I was a member of SEAL Team 8, if you ever have any questions feel free to PM me.

PS. I just ordered a t-shirt, and I will also drop off some flyers at the LDS, that I work at as a divemaster.

He already does dive with us - we have his tee shirt and take it on all trips with us. Matt does a lot of diving.

DMP:

Just an FYI guys. Matt gets all the money for his cause if you give money to Project Innerspace. As with anything that you sell it costs money so he doesn't get as much from the shirts.
I think he dives more than any diver I know and he stays perfectly dry, which really sucks though.
The thing that I just noticed at Matt's page is the sentence about Richard Branson, president of Virgin Corporation sending him a letter(???) I think I would have fired a letter right back that said he forgot the check. I just saw Virgin's logo on the side of a jet that made it around the world without stopping. Pretty sure that $200,000 out of his pocket wouldn't make a bit of diff.

To all those military personnel, thanks!!!!

Thanks for starting this thread 2Tours! You are all so great to me, you guys ROCK! Hopefully I will be diving soon, and I won't waste a second sending out the pictures! To tell you and everyone else, here is the link to my Yahoo group I just started up. Anyone can join! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scubadivingdream

Take care and as always, safe diving!
Matt

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom