Mine diving in Missouri

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crawford:
If you're interested in mine diving regularly, it'd probably be a better alternative to just get cave training, and then dive Mine LaMotte all you want for $20 a day and do what the heck you want. $60 a dive adds up quick.

SHHHHHHH... :wink:

I dove it back in March... the viz is incredible (at least 85' plus). I went with people who have been there before and they said that on site hotel wasn't the greatest so we ended up staying at the Motel 8.

www.2dive.com

The onsite "hotel" is little more than a set of bunks to sleep in. Their are some Bed and Breakfast places in town that cater to divers plus chain motels very close. I was there last March with both Panzer and Netmage.
Expensive, yes, worth it, yes. It is one of those places that you should really experiance just to have done it. Some of the people in my group have been down there every year for 15 yrs or so but they go back every year to explore the Way, way, out the way spots.
As was said before it is a great spot to do in the eary spring to get ready for the dive season if you can not afford the tropics.

CrazyDave:
The onsite "hotel" is little more than a set of bunks to sleep in. Their are some Bed and Breakfast places in town that cater to divers plus chain motels very close. I was there last March with both Panzer and Netmage.
Expensive, yes, worth it, yes. It is one of those places that you should really experiance just to have done it. Some of the people in my group have been down there every year for 15 yrs or so but they go back every year to explore the Way, way, out the way spots.
As was said before it is a great spot to do in the eary spring to get ready for the dive season if you can not afford the tropics.

Are these guys doing the "way way way" stuff going with guides or do they earn a freedom pass after so many years. Are they cave certified? Just curious.

I've heard this mine goes for many miles in all directions, and there are potentially alternate openings? If anyone knows one of the alternate openings PM me. Not that I would dive it or anything, just would like to know

crawford:
Are these guys doing the "way way way" stuff going with guides or do they earn a freedom pass after so many years. Are they cave certified? Just curious.

I've heard this mine goes for many miles in all directions, and there are potentially alternate openings? If anyone knows one of the alternate openings PM me. Not that I would dive it or anything, just would like to know

I know my friends that go 'way way way' back still go with guides. & are allowed their dive lights. But, I will also tell you that sometimes they end up pointing out which way to go to the guide.

& I don't believe they are cave certified but am unsure if that is an all encompassing statement. But, I also know they have been diving since the 1960's or 70's and have more shipwreck penetration experience than most divers I know.

The guys that went deep into the mine are Instructers. Both teach cave and wreck diving. They had enough lights and cameras to light up just about anything. Some of the Videos that they took were amazing.
If I remember right they went down on the second day with the owner of the mine. The main problem with taking all that equipment down with you is you have to carry it back out. Anyone that has made that treck out can attest to the walk back up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom