Mini Hammerhead and Sub-Duck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lonely Boy

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone has experience on these two products? Which one is a better underwater signalling device? In terms of audible range, easily recognisable pitch, maintenance ease, air usage...

Many thanks.

Lonely Boy once bubbled...
Thanks for your comment, ChrisScott.

If you don't mind the 'quacking' sound of it, it works very well. We had a girl on a trip a while back who had one. Before the trip was over, we all wanted to strangle her with it! She squawked that thing at every little thing she saw, as if we were all blind. So I hope you intend on using it with discretion and not as a replacement for buddy communication!

I have done many comparisons with my hammer and a friends sub duck -- in our experience -- the sub duck is slightly higher pitch.... the hammer is louder. Both are effective. And etiquette is important -- use sparingly and briefly for general communication and attention getting. Save the long blows for something truly serious.

Back
Top Bottom