mini-lobster season question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackSpearo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
this will be my fourth mini-lobster season (normally I go out of key largo) but this year we're thinking about going out of marathon (we're gonna stay in key west)...

I've never really dived in marathon. Is the lobsterin' okay here? or should I really stick to key largo? any big difference?

thanks guys and gals...

Jack

PS if anyone knows any boat rental companies in marathon with scuba boat rentals that would be great!

That's a lotta work for mini-season. I can barely drag my sorry carcass a mile over to the boat ramp to go out.
Good luck with that.

The lobsters walk around, today's good spot is tomorrow's barren spot.

I would never go to the Keys for mini-season, you can only take six a day. I go off Broward and get 12 a day.

we make it a family vacation... with two days of lots of diving (that's how we look at it)

we love key west, so we have a great time there, and then netting 6 lobsters each isn't bad at all! we don't want to take more than we could eat!

it's a lot of fun, I hear so many floridians say they wouldn't go down for it, etc. I used to live in Florida, and I love Florida...

sooo yes, I LOVE mini-season... just wish it would come sooner!!!

thanks

Jack

The lobsters walk around, today's good spot is tomorrow's barren spot.

I would never go to the Keys for mini-season, you can only take six a day. I go off Broward and get 12 a day.

There are no lobsters left in Broward. Nothing to see here folks, move along....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom