Mini Meet review...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-t-2538

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For those that were able to make it to gilboa this past weekend, I hope you all had a loverly time.

For those that actually arrived on time, like they said they would, I apologize for being fashionably late. There was a bit of mis-communica on our group's end, but we strolled into the quarry at about 4:15.

We made it just in time for a 'dive at dusk'...details I am sure can be divulged later. We (my brother and I) had a nice peaceful dive with a small wrecking crew group....Ted, Jon, Brian, and I can't remember the 6th diver's name, but he bought a round of beer at fricker's so he can't be all that bad :wink:

It was nice to see that Cyri has made has finally found his calling as a co-pilot.

I wasn't the "dive commando" like I was the last trip out there with the group. My gills are not drying out quite yet and I did a deep dive in the morning with Tom and Dave. So, I only did three dives.

Also, the "sixth guy" is my normal dive buddy up here when I do staged deco. Finhead_Chris is his handle on the board. Cool guy, as those who met him would know. I have some video for NotsoKen that Chris took. I also have some video of me shooting a bag. Boy, do I need work there!

It was fun being with you guys again. We will have to try to close the place for the year in December. Maybe we should send the "kitchen pass approval people" Christmas shopping with the little ones so that we can all gather to dive, LOL.

Oh, and T, fun diving with you as always, but that was a NIGHT dive rather than a dusk dive. It was dusk when we went in, but definitely night when we came out.

diverbrian:
Oh, and T, fun diving with you as always, but that was a NIGHT dive rather than a dusk dive. It was dusk when we went in, but definitely night when we came out.
It couldn't have possibly been a 'night' dive...I didn't _need_ my light.

Yes a good time was had by all.
It was nice meeting a couple more GLWC members, Chris and Ken.

Had three great dives, plus Mr. Murphy stayed away from me this trip.
I thoroughly enjoyed the camraderie and joking around.

Also, thanks to Tom for bringing the chili and Chris for the brats.
Hot food after a cold dive always tastes better.

Hmmm a late December get together sounds good to me too Brian.
Let's keep that idea floating and see if we get any more takers.

I am going to be in FL from the 27th/28th to the 2nd/3rd....I think I might make a dive if I can find a sober hour or two somewhere in the mornings.....

I'll probably be at Gilboa Sat. Dec. 4 (can't go on the 5th though), my hubby is celebrating the 25th anniversary of his check-out dives! He was certified back in the days when wetsuit December check-outs in Ohio were the norm. I think he said something about diving in zero degree water with no wetsuit but maybe I'm wrong :wink:

He's going fishing in Michigan the weekend after that (Dec. 11/12) so I could probably be available for that entire weekend.

Glad you guys had a good time, looks like you had gorgeous weather judging by the sunny and 60 degree stuff we had down here at home. Wish I could have joined you!
Ber :lilbunny:

Big-t-2538:
It couldn't have possibly been a 'night' dive...I didn't _need_ my light.

I'm Still grining over that final Statement and the problem was I had to follow you
Light? we dont need no stinking light. LOL yeah right.

Big-t-2538:
I am going to be in FL from the 27th/28th to the 2nd/3rd....I think I might make a dive if I can find a sober hour or two somewhere in the mornings.....

I will be in Florida also at those times where abouts you going to be if you find a sober moment and want to dive let me know. Where you going to be

Was great to finally meet some of you guys! For those who didn't make it, you missed some great diving.

Ended up doing three dives in the shallow end: one to the road under the tubes, a wall dive on the mini-wall, and one just for fun on the shelf - 'bout two more than I figured I'd get away with in a wetsuit.

Think December wet in OH is unlikely, but one never knows.... Will be in FL early in Dec for a conference and hopefully a wreck dive or two.

Brian - were you the guy I saw shooting a bag down near the tubes, or one of the ones towing sausages from about 25 ft through the forrest, or maybe neither? Have to admit it was funny as heck watching those guys get their lines tangled in the trees!

Rob - Great meeting you at last. Don't be a stranger! BTW - where do you get your 119's filled? Might be worth a little drive to get something over 2800 PSI. Think you may have told me and my [lack-of] short-term memory dropped it in the bit bucket.

John - Great diving with you again! The season isn't over - meeting the Tuesday evening folks tomorrow nite at CTQ for a FYBO followed by some [very] hot chocolate and [big] lies! Will check on the other Gilboa potential we discussed.

Until next time (SOON!)

Tom

I was the one who shot the lift bag. It did not get tangled as I was watching the line after I shot it and made the effort to keep my line out of the trees even though I swam through the forest.

Good meeting you all. I hope to meet you again sometime. Unfortunately, I am out of vacation so any trips to FL are out for me.

Back
Top Bottom