Minimalist divers..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garrobo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Would some of you minimalists post the absolute minimum amount of gear which you dive with, primarily in warm salt water? No philisophical discussions about DIR, HOG, etc. to show your brainy expertise and no hijacks. Just a list of the things you wear when diving minimalist. Thank you.:dork2:

Backplate/wing, tank, mask, computer, cutting device, fins, appropriate amount of weight, watch, regulator and alternate, booties, appropriate thermal protection, light, signaling device and buddy.

the K

Backplate/wing, tank, mask, computer, cutting device, fins, appropriate amount of weight, watch, regulator and alternate, booties, appropriate thermal protection, light, signaling device and buddy.

the K

Ditto on K, minus the buddy.

Warm salt water? It's been awhile, but...
mask, reg, backpack, five pound weightbelt, single tank and fins.

These days I don't get in the water without a minumum of over $4,000 in gear. I only dive cold water.

I dont dive warm water often but if I was and it was nothing technical or deep than:

-Plate/wing/STA
-appropriate suit
-regs (1 first stage, 1 second stage, 1 spg, 1 inflator hose)
-fins/mask/knife
-wrist timer/computer

at night I would add a 2 to 3 lights to that

Tank and regulator. Everything else is optional. :wink:

Gary D.

the K

I've done it without the wing, alternate, thermal protection, and buddy.

mask, fins, bc, reg, weight, wetsuit, computer

Everything else is optional

Mask, fins, booties, reg, tank, harness and weights if needed. There is no need for a wing. This is the way diving was done for years and the way I often dive.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom