Missed deco stop, lock out?

If you miss a deco stop and surface, will your dive computer lock you out?

• I don't know

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 53 36.6%
  • No, if no, please list the brand, and model, if relevant, below

Votes: 85 58.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indeed, the EON dive computers have a very beautiful screen, but in Canada you pay about 500.00 more to get an EON Steel AI rather then a Perdix AI, so it comes down to economics as well. :)
This week I can buy an Eon Steel with transmitter for 853 CAD (new) due to a promotion.

This week I can buy an Eon Steel with transmitter for 853 CAD (new) due to a promotion.

That's less then half the normal price !
I did a quick search on the internet and couldn't find this promotion.
Who currently sells this very fine piece of equipment in Canada at such a low price ?

Shearwater Perdix (primary) and Ocean Geo 2.0. Neither will lock you out.

I agree the Shearwater manuals are entertaining!

Shearwater Perdix (primary) and Ocean Geo 2.0. Neither will lock you out.

I agree the Shearwater manuals are entertaining!
The Geo will lock you out for a missed deco stop , I have done it. 24 hours of violation gauge mode.

The Geo will lock you out for a missed deco stop , I have done it. 24 hours of violation gauge mode.

I could swear I've read that it will not. I've never tested it, in any case.

Hi,

Have a Suunto Eon Core for some time now
In may I went diving in egypt and on 1 day we did 2 deep dives (lower than 30m)

Everything went fine we did all the deep and deco stops the computer indicated (I believe, could always be i missed one since there we're so many). Also when we surfaced the computer did not show an alarm or error.

That day I did a third dive (max depth 9m). The moment I started descending, when i was @ 1m of depth the computer blocked me for the next 48h)

Something I find very dangerous. What's the thinking behind this? You're already dead so you don't need safety stops anymore. that they give a warning ok, only blocking the computer is something else.
Sometimes we have to do multiple dives to get back to a save place.

Now my problem is, since that vacation I haven't dived until yesterday.
Yesterday I did a little night dive, jump in the water. Start descending and again @ 1m depth it locks again for 48hours......................

Any help, tips what I can do?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom