Missing Body Search in Lake north of LA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptainKidd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All,

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I hope this will do.

I got a call at my dive shop today from a woman who is trying to put a private search party together, to search for a body in Lake Piru, just north of Los Angeles. Details of the incident aren't clear to me, but from what she told me, a man drowned while attempting to save one or more children who had fallen in the lake. The children were saved, but he vanished. The county has been searching for the body for a week and will be calling off the search tomorrow.

The family is very religios and believes with the help of spiritual leaders, they will be able to locate area where the body might be found. They are asking for divers to be at the lake at 5am tomorrow morning to conduct the search. They want to get the search started before the lake becomes active. They are willing to pay whatever it takes to get divers out there at that time on short notice.

Now, I'm just passing this info along. I cannot verify the validity of this situation. If you'd like the contact info for the family members, PM me and I'll pass that along.

Thanks!

Captain Kidd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom