Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Julien I currently live in Paris and I'm asking for your help.
A friend of mine just went on a solo diving trip in the Phillippines and should be located in Coron by now, the situation is the following :

He wanted to go on a wreck dive asap but because of the recent typhoon, the weather conditions were not ideal, forcing "most" of the diving agency to cancel any wreck dive session at the moment. But my friend really LOVE diving and he can be the stupid stubborn type, so eventually he managed to find someone who would take him out on an easy wreck dive, low depth, low risks. He has 100+ dives and has been diving a lot in the past year, so I guess he find someone that trusted him enough to take him on a duo dive.

It's been now 14 hours we haven't hear from, and ok, I know it sounds early but you have to understand that this guy never leave her girlfriend without a text/facebook message more than 10 minutes in row, to a point that it's almost annoying when I hang out with him. So everytime he go on a diving trip, he buy a local sim card even for one week to make sure he sends us a text as soon as he jumps back on the boat to tell us that everything is fine. He does that every time, even if he looses his phone, he always find a way no matter what. His last message he send was around 1:00 AM (Paris timezone) on the 18/09/2018, so as I said, 14 hours from now on. His name is Jean Aubert, he's french too.

I'm repeating myself as I know it sounds a bit early and I don't want to jump to conclusions either, but I have very little info concerning him right now and kinda feel powerless, so I'm trying everything I can for now as I can't just wait here for "the call" (I'm on his emergency contact).

He was supposed to go with the frenchkiss diver in Coron, but I can't confirm whether or not he's been diving with them for that wreck dive, so don't blame them for now please, that's not the point.

I'm not a big diver myself so I don't really know where to look. If you have any info regarding the situation over there in Coron, contacts, local hospital, facebook diving group, or even facebook backpacking group, anything that could point me in the right direction ! I haven't called the local authorities for now as I want to wait the full 24h to do that.

Sorry for the long text, thank you for reading me out and let's hope it will all works out !

Kindly, Julien.

Most likely cell traffic is either minimal or non existing where he is due to the typhoon?

Everything's fine, he just messaged me, the diving site was actually really really far from the shore which is why it took him half a day to comeback home with the boat, Sorry for the panic attack but thank you for the quick answer !! this community seems really nice :D
If any modo come accross here, you can close/delete the thread !
thanks anyway !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom