Missing Gear At Lajolla Shores

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LchelleD

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys! Sure missed everyone lately! I kind of had taken a break from all this. My boyfriend and I have been taking our CPR/first aid classes to get certified as well as Advanced and Resue classes. Goal is to meet DM. Meaning we have been very busy! My reason for this posting is to inform you of lost equipment. Yesterday, October 9th around 6pm a huge wave knocked myself over and with my boyfriend being the knight and shiny armor he is tried to take great care of me and while doing so he lost gear. The destination was LaJolla Shores. For all the divers who are familiar with the lined Palm Tree enterance and the flag pole; we headed out lined directly out from the palms. We lost a single fin and mask. The brand of the fin is Apollo Bio - split fin (color: black) and the mask is U.S. Divers Look (color:black). If anyone comes across this will you please let me know. Our favorite thing to do together is dive and with him unhappy with loss gear, it makes me unhappy as well. Much appreciated to all who read this thread and will help us in this dramatic time. Gosh, I am making this sound like we lost a limb or something. lol! Again... thank you!

Lu or Lora

Lora-

I hope your BF marked his fins with at least a name and phone number.

I recently marked much of my gear after diving on a boat with a class. Each member had the exact same fins as I do (Apollo Bio-Fins) and great care had to be taken to ensure I retrieved the proper fins. Marking them also helps if they are lost of course which is why I'm mentioning it here.

Thank you so much; that is what I will do then!

Thanks so much for your reply. The funny thing is, we had marked our gear THAT day with his last name. No phone number, but his name is in red/pink. 5 letters to his last name with his first name beginning with "S" for Steffen. Thanks agiain everyone for helping me with this thread.

Lu
Happy diving!

Look at the bright side, now he can go get a Cressi-Sub Big Eyes mask, and a set of Scuba Pro Jet fins...........

Why three threads?

Sorry about all the threads. I'm still new to the scubaboard and where to go to notify individuals in SoCal is very confusing. It can't be that bad if you really want people to know. What is the saying...Two heads or four eyes are better than one? More people that know, the more aware they will be if found.

Lu

Four eyes would definitely be better than one! Just teasing you Lu.

ShakaZulu:
Why three threads?

Looks like someone is trying to impersonate you again Shaka, and three threads are better than one. :wink:

What would we do without threads, we wouldn't have anything to create to keep us nice and toasty. I like the teasing...it's fun! Anything to put a smile on my face is worth it! Thanks guys!

Lu

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom