Missing stop watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iztok

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So here I am on my ascend from Spiegel Grove when I try to switch to stop watch and I can't.

Why is stop watch not available under water when not in gauge mode?

i don't know for sure, but i assume its because they feel that the computer is doing the job of stopwatch. stopwatch was put in in gauge mode for people doing manual (tables) decompression to manage their stops and slides, to manage 'time at max depth', etc..

I don't think at the time we had any feedback that people wanted stopwatch for regular dives.

for something like this, the best plan of attack is to formulate a solid reason why you want the feature added (not just 'why isn't it available') that you can send to UEMIS (via email or ticket) and i can approach Ernst with, and refer back to customers letters/emails/whatnot.

:)

I don't understand why stopwatch would be dependent on gauge mode.

I wanted to use it to time my safety stops and have seconds displayed instead of just minutes count down.

However I can see it being useful for timing the kick cycle for example.

Ticket created.

1. Timing of additional deep stops.
2. Timing of kick cycles.
3. Timing of buddy separation.

Ticket created.

1. Timing of additional deep stops.
2. Timing of kick cycles.
3. Timing of buddy separation.

The first two make sense. If you have to time the third get a new buddy. The one you have sucks.

The first two make sense. If you have to time the third get a new buddy. The one you have sucks.

I agree. I was just thinking of possible reasons having a stop watch.

First two are on top of my list and last one was just something I remembered timing is also supposed to be used :)

Well I got the ticket opened and Andi agreed it is good idea and depends on the R&D cycle it might be with Trimix release or perhaps later.

pretty cool that you can fill out a ticket and actually get a "you're right" and 'we'll work on it' response from the company :)

Well this is pretty common for the line of work I am in :)

Before UEMIS I dove Suunto D9 and this is a "me too" (stopwatch) as well as seconds counter on safety/deep stops. :)

Back
Top Bottom