Mixing 1st / 2nd Stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zNo I dont i have always expected all regs to have an IP in a certain range and that secondaries were designed to work in that range also. critical tweeking should not be needed forthe most part.

no but the issue of whether they will not work is the way I am looking at it. The OP I was reading it was considering with using another secondary and was concerned if it would work safely at all. In my view you can use anything with about anything and it will work Ok if you want it wor work to perfection then you take it in and have it tweeked to be a super performer.

The issue with that is it implies that they're tuned to the middle of the range. When the regs are tuned properly at one extreme or the other, it can be a problem, particularly with freeflowing second stages as outlined above, especially with unbalanced second stages

The issue with that is it implies that they're tuned to the middle of the range. When the regs are tuned properly at one extreme or the other, it can be a problem, particularly with freeflowing second stages as outlined above, especially with unbalanced second stages

I agree fullly.

Ensure the IP is correct and you're good to go.

Everything else is the usual industry ********.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom