MK25 EVO, no more washer #17?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I noticed that some MK25 EVO's don't come with washer #17. Is this normal?

mk25 diag.JPG

I'm not 100% sure but it seems like SP removed that part starting in 2018...

Just guessing that this part is not really required since EVOs come with the bushing (capsule)?

There is a plastic liner #25 in its place, the bushing you’re referring to. It lines the whole “compartment”.

@rhwestfall ,

I believe you are right, but I thought that was the "old" way of adjusting IP. "New" way being the adjustment screw on EVOs.

Having converted MK-20's to MK-25's, the screw adjuster only gets you so much range...

@Newdiv ,

Yes, there is a bushing that fits into #25 (body). All the EVOs have that bushing but some also have #17 and some don't. Just wondering why...

As rhwestfall said, to increase ip if the screw adjuster doesn’t get it there. I just noticed in another thread that you want to drop it to 130. You could remove that “bushing” and use a thinner shim to drop it, but it wouldn’t have the benefit of being an evo anymore.

Adding shims will increase ip, supposedly by 5psi

0A2F27C0-E5C1-4457-8A5B-06B9A1FAA5DF.png
Actually, it is in the schematic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom