MK25/G250HP, Scubapro Classic BC with Air-2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheQuickening1101

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm new to this forum and new to diving in general. I'm looking for a good deal on a rig, and I believe I found one. My questions to you guys is "Is it worth it?" and "How old is this regulator?"

Its a MK25/ G250HP. I know that the MK25 has been around for a while and I'm not sure if I'm getting a newer one or a decade old setup. The fact that the second stage is a G250HP makes me think its a few years old.

For 300.00, The equipment in the sale will be the MK25/G250HP, a scubapro classic bc, an Air2 octo-inflater (have no idea what generation), a catalina aluminum tank 80, and a dive bag and weight belt with weights.

Maybe for for the reg, tank and bag, but I am not a fan of the Air2 (i get why divers use them, but standard octo performs much better) and the Classic BC is really out dated.

Plus - how old is the tank? Last VIP/valve service/cleaning? What's the date on the hydro?

If it looks like it hasn't been dragged through sand or otherwise abused, it's a good deal for the reg and weights. I agree with others about the tank. And the BC, if it's still in reasonably good shape and it fits, use it until you can purchase another one. As far as Air 2 is concerned, either you like them or you don't. You can have that changed to a regular inflator hose and buy an octo if you don't like them.

Call your LDS or the person who services gear for them and ask the same question. Be sure to have the stuff serviced before using any of it. You will have to factor in the cost of that along with the $300 which should help you decide if it's worth it to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom