MK25/G260 honks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KEdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just bought this set of regs and from the start it honks when breathing out of the water. In the water it does not. My LDS said use it awhile if it doesn't go away we can service it. Well hell it is brand new just completed my fourth dive on it. What is the issue is this normal?:(

a lot of regs will honk or just plain sound funny when you breath from them before a dive. It was described to me as being the sound of dry diaphragm vibrating. As long as it doesn't honk underwater and breathes normally, there's no problem.

That usually indicates a need for further lubrication of the piston o-rings which an Authorized SCUBAPRO Dealer should be able to check for you. If you wish to send me a private email with the particular Dealer, I can get in touch with them for you.

My Mk25/A700 always honks out of the water. Scubapro indicated this is normal and results from the fact that the diaphragm is very thin and flutters in air.

My MK25/A700 always honks out of the water. I refer to it as the silver goose. No problems.

Both my 260's honk slightly, one has Mk17 and the other is Mk25. You're worrying about nothing...

Thanks just wanted to make sure my SP dealer said not to worry if it did not honk underwater so I am satisfied, Thanks everyone for the replys

As long as it does not do it underwater you are oK. Half of my regs honk out of the water. Not a big deal

I just bought this set of regs and from the start it honks when breathing out of the water. In the water it does not. My LDS said use it awhile if it doesn't go away we can service it. Well hell it is brand new just completed my fourth dive on it. What is the issue is this normal?:(

It's an undocumented safety feature to let you know you're not underwater yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom