MK25/S6500 v. B2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Do

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking to buy a nice regulator that is easy breathing and dry. Two that I am intrigued by are the Scuba Pro MK25/S650 and the Atomic B2. Thoughts on which of these I should prefer, and why? Any others I should consider? Thanks.

My wife and I both dive the B2's and they have proven to be fantastic reg's that are very easy to breathe in all positions. We both have over a hundred dives with them and ended up buying second ones for our doubles setup.
Gene

B2...

There is a rumor that 650 will be out from the market......

I'm on the scubapro setup and I have to say I have not had any problems. I dont know anything about the Atomic B2, but I do know that if you end up with the Scubapro do not miss a servicing, they offer free parts for life if you get the reg serviced by a scubapro dealer each year, but if you loose out on that scubapro parts add up faster than most other reg parts.

I dive the MK25/S600 and have been doing so since they came out. One thing you might want to know is that Atomic was formed by 5 Scubapro engineers that left the company. In my opinion, the Mk25 and the B2 are pretty much the same piston down stream regulators.
I work in a shop that carries Scubapro and I haven't heard anything about them replacing the S600, but the X650 has had problems since day one. I'm on my way to a Scubapro Repair Clinic in a couple of days, and I will post any changes that are applicable.

If you're diving cold. I wouldn't go scubapro. Seen to many of them come up from quarries deep freeflowing.

And, I own a MK25/600 and MK20/600 and ULMK20/500 and MK25/250. Never had them freeze. I dive Apeks now, I haven't seen problems with them.

The Atomic 1st stages are almost identical to the MK25. The Atomic folks have Scubapro roots;-)

Consider getting the S600 instead of the 650. The thing breaths like silk.

Atomic makes wonderful gear but it is a bit overpriced!

I don't know anything about the Atomics, but I love my Mk25/S600 doubles regs. They are very easy to breathe, and I like the small second stage for comfort.

I work as a buyer for a Scubapro distributor far Micronesia

I do not think the S600 will be replaced soon, at least not untill 2008. is so it may just be a new version based on the thoughts of some folks who only want to change the way it looks. kinda like the R390/R295/R395 progression, All are exactly the same internally with only a new pretty cover.

Cheers

CB

Back
Top Bottom