Mk5 possible devil spring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the regulator has a IP of 9.2 bar at 3000 psi it should be okay even at 300 psi. But, well, something is odd. Scubapro manual:

I would shim it or look for a new spring and maybe check your IP gage that it is not the odd man out here.

If your Mk 5 has a LP port on the top, change to that port for your primary regulator. That removes a 90 degree turn in the air flow, and improves the performance (which is why Scubapro put it in).

SeaRat

You should take a Scubapro regulator(s) and then afix them to identical tanks at exactly the same pressure, one with a hose on the top port and one with the hose on a side port. Turn the tanks full on and then time the bleed down. Spoiler alert, it will be hardly any different. And while on the subject, I do not see any significant difference in IP drop between a side port and top port.

I have also run three IP gages on a first stage, a Mk 10. One on the turret side port, one inline with the hose at the first stage and a third in line at the second stage. Spoiler alert, the longer the hose the more the drop or Delta between the gages. And, IMO, the Delta is not significant in use with a properly tuned first stage, short or long hose.

The top port is a good thing in that it allows options for hose routing, especially for twin tanks but increased flow is minimal.

Reactions: L13
Supongo que estás buceando por tu cuenta sin responsabilidad por otros como amigos, estudiantes o clientes.
Si es así, creo que es aceptable bucear con un IP tan bajo, porque también en una situación improbable en la que debería estar con el tanque bajo y aún bastante profundo, los 1300 litros por minuto que el MK5 todavía fluye con el tanque bajo debería ser suficiente para obtener salvas a la superficie con un esfuerzo de fisuración (CE) aún aceptable.
Si no está buceando solo, debe tener en cuenta que en caso de que tenga que proporcionar a un compañero, estudiante o cliente angustiado al final de una inmersión con su aire, la IP dinámica podría ser bastante baja, especialmente si su Octo debería Si no está equilibrado, el CE de sus segundos y los de sus amigos probablemente aumentará y no será realmente útil en una situación de emergencia.
Yo personalmente, vería que suba un poco la IP por ese motivo.
Puede calzar el resorte o lubricar las juntas tóricas del pistón con Dow 111 o ambos.
O puedes cambiar el resorte.
Si es difícil encontrar uno en España, puedes enviarme un mensaje privado, tengo muchos MK5 y piezas de MK5, podría enviarte uno.
Por cierto, ¿se supone que el segundo en la foto es tu 156 BA?
You are taking for granted things that you have no idea about, believe me I know what diving is, I have been a saturation diver for 25 years and of legal age for a long time, so do not judge me without knowing me, I do not like smart guys nor the people who enter with a knife. Neither my 156BA is the one in the photo nor do I need your piston, Spain is still a country where you can get things. And I repeat, I don't like people who come in to judge without knowing me at all.

I guess you are diving on your own with no responsibility for others like buddies, students or customers.
If so I think it is acceptable to dive with such a low IP, because also in an unprobable situation when you should be at low tank still quite deep, the 1300 liters per minute that the MK5 still flows at low tank should be enough to get you save to the surface with a still accaptable cracking effort (CE).
If you are not diving alone, you should keep in mind that in case you have to provide a distressed buddy, student or customer in the end of a dive with your air, the dynamic IP could get pretty low, so especially if your Octo should be not balanced, the CE of your and your buddys 2nds will probably increase and will be not really helpful in an emergency situation.
Me personally, I would see that I get the IP a bit higher for that reason.
You can shim the spring or you lube the piston o-rings with Dow 111 or both.
Or you can change the spring.
If it should be difficult to find one in Spain, you can P.M. me, I have have plenty of MK5s and MK5 parts, I could send you one.
BTW, is that 2nd on the pic supposed to be your 156 BA?
And I can assure you, Mr. Axel, that a 7.9b regulator with two balanced 2@s can supply gas to two divers. And you should know that if you are at 30m with 20b in the bottle and you have no gas redundancy you are doing something very wrong. Even my aqualung calypso unbalances with its two unbalanced seconds is capable of doing so. DON'T GET INTO WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW "Smart"

You are taking for granted things that you have no idea about, believe me I know what diving is, I have been a saturation diver for 25 years and of legal age for a long time, so do not judge me without knowing me, I do not like smart guys nor the people who enter with a knife. Neither my 156BA is the one in the photo nor do I need your piston, Spain is still a country where you can get things. And I repeat, I don't like people who come in to judge without knowing me at all.
Seems your English is not too good, I did not judge you at all...

No creo que el Mk 5 se haya ofrecido nunca con una parte superior del puerto de la torreta (?).
I don't quite understand what you mean, but if you mean what if there is a mk5 with a fifth port, the answer is yes, mine has it

Parece que tu inglés no es muy bueno, no te juzgué en absoluto...
How is your Spanish? Because if you prefer, we can continue in my language and not only did you like me, but you also wanted to mark the coolness of 156BA.

Y parece que no entiendes la diferencia entre el flujo de aire y el esfuerzo de craqueo...
I'm going to ignore you because otherwise I think I'm going to be rude.

Back
Top Bottom