Mk5 possible devil spring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have only limited myself to answering in accordance with the forms that you have used, taking for granted things that you do not know. And I don't waste any more time with you.

Amigo, como quieres, mi Espaniol no esta mas muy bien, pero deberia estar bastante bien para comunicar contigo.
Sali la Republica Dominicana cinco anos pasado despues casi vente anos, pero asi tal vez in futoro podemos evitar este malintendidos (espero que estan malentendidos)

I don't quite understand what you mean, but if you mean what if there is a mk5 with a fifth port, the answer is yes, mine has it
Your post #9 picture does not appear to display first stages with the top or fifth port?

In your OP you asked about IP and various folks have given an opinion and I provided the Scubapro specification. The IP "must" not fall below 8.6 bar (125 psi) at 300 psi tank pressure. If yours does it needs to be shimmed or the spring replaced. More than 8.6 bar@300 psi cylinder pressure, then no worries, good to go.

I don't quite understand what you mean, but if you mean what if there is a mk5 with a fifth port, the answer is yes, mine has it
Your post #9 picture does not appear to display first stages with the top or fifth port?

In your OP you asked about IP and various folks have given an opinion and I provided the Scubapro specification. The IP shall not fall below 8.6 bar (125 psi) at 300 psi tank pressure. If yours does it need to be shimmed or the spring replaced. If it is okay, more than 8.6 bar@300 psi cylinder pressure, then no worries, good to go.

I guess I am wrong and must admit it, Scubapro did make the Mk5 available with the fifth port, cool:

I guess I had it in my head, wrongly, that the fifth port came in with the Mk10, oh well. Now I want one :wink:

I would bet the fifth port would flow more volume if the first stage were fitted to a stable 3000 psi source with unlimited volume vs a typical K valve. But that is the problem, not the first stage, the ports, the second stage or for that matter the hoses are the restriction, it is usually the valve that is the limitation and thereby the great equalizer on all that is downstream of it.

Amigo, como quieres, mi Espaniol no esta mas muy bien, pero deberia estar bastante bien para comunicar contigo.
Sali la Republica Dominicana cinco anos pasado despues casi vente anos, pero asi tal vez in futoro podemos evitar este malintendidos (espero que estan malentendidos)
For my part everything is fine axel, I come to this forum to learn and to contribute what I can, there is no arguing, if you ever need something tell me.

Greetings

¿La imagen de su publicación n. ° 9 no parece mostrar las primeras etapas con el puerto superior o quinto?

En su OP, preguntó sobre IP y varias personas dieron su opinión y proporcioné la especificación Scubapro. El IP no debe caer por debajo de 8,6 bar (125 psi) a una presión del tanque de 300 psi. Si el suyo necesita ser calzado o el resorte reemplazado. Si está bien, más de 8,6 bar a 300 psi de presión del cilindro, entonces no se preocupe, listo.

Supongo que estoy equivocado y debo admitirlo, Scubapro hizo que el Mk5 estuviera disponible con el quinto puerto, genial:

Supongo que tenía en la cabeza, erróneamente, que el quinto puerto entró con el Mk10, bueno. Ahora quiero uno :guiño:.

Apuesto a que el quinto puerto fluiría más volumen si la primera etapa se instalara en una fuente estable de 3000 psi con un volumen de flujo ilimitado que exceda con creces una válvula K típica. Pero ese es el problema, no la primera etapa, los puertos, la segunda etapa o las mangueras son la restricción, es la válvula la que es la limitación y, por lo tanto, el gran ecualizador en todo lo que está aguas abajo.
Yes nemrod, my mk5 has 5 ports, the other one that appears in the image next to 109 is a clone, it is star.

IMG_20220220_095651-01.jpeg

Hello Angelo, I am using the original plan. In principle I plan to continue diving it until it settles down, but the mk5 is such a good regulator that even in the low range of the tank (being as I said at 7.9 IP) and of course combined with a 156BA, I didn't notice any difference. Lots of air flows even in this big regulator. I intend to get a spring to have as a spare. Regards, Angelo
Of course a 156BA is capable of compensating for a lower-than-expected IP, making the problem unnoticeable. Despite this, if after 4-5 dives the problem does not disappear, I would replace the seat with a conical one, possibly the one of three providing a "boosted" IP.
This will avoid to open the whole first stage (and repack with silicon grease, if your is the SPEC version with small holes and you preferred to fill the chamber with grease).
The conical seat will also provide for an increased air flow, particularly at low tank pressure, more stable IP, and longer time before needing to be replaced.
You still easily find those MK5-MK10 combined service kits, which provide you the complete set of 3 gray conical seats.

Of course a 156BA is capable of compensating for a lower-than-expected IP, making the problem unnoticeable. Despite this, if after 4-5 dives the problem does not disappear, I would replace the seat with a conical one, possibly the one of three providing a "boosted" IP.
This will avoid to open the whole first stage (and repack with silicon grease, if your is the SPEC version with small holes and you preferred to fill the chamber with grease).
The conical seat will also provide for an increased air flow, particularly at low tank pressure, more stable IP, and longer time before needing to be replaced.
You still easily find those MK5-MK10 combined service kits, which provide you the complete set of 3 gray conical seats.
Hi Angelo, as I told you I'm going to use it to give the pieces a chance to settle well, if after three or four dives it continues the same, I'll change the spring (I got a mk5 for spare parts from a friend) since it doesn't have turret and some parts are missing, because it was from a store. As I already told you, I don't like to do surgery that is not essential.

Greetings

Hi Angelo, as I told you I'm going to use it to give the pieces a chance to settle well, if after three or four dives it continues the same, I'll change the spring (I got a mk5 for spare parts from a friend) since it doesn't have turret and some parts are missing, because it was from a store. As I already told you, I don't like to do surgery that is not essential.

Greetings
Before swapping the spring you should measure it carefully. You could happen to end with an even lower IP, if using a spring from another used MK5...
Of course, with a proper number of shims, I always managed to use any spring, if not damaged by corrosion or mishandling.
I did never thrust this theory that there are "devil springs", appearing intact but performing oddily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom