Mo2vation APRIL 22nd, '06 Boat Dive planning thread - Sundiver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetrat:
OK, OK, sucking it up, HBDryGlove'WarmNComfyDrySuitGirl! :10: I'll save it for the whine and cheeze forum next time! Speaking of real divers, the DMs I dealt with on the trip commented on what great divers we were. I think they've had some bad experiences with families. We were all certified in 7mm's in 58F water. Our bouyancy and SAC rates were always among the best in the group. So Cal rocks!!!

OK hijack over - looking forward to this dive!!
Obviously, there is nothing like 11 months of diving a drysuit to make me lose perspective and empathy. Cold water does hurt, and I clearly remember shivering in my 7mm from minute 20 through 60 on winter and spring dives. At the end of my second winter of constant diving, I bit the drysuit bullet and have never looked back.

Sorry I came off so harsh... I'm in a d.s. because I just couldn't take the repetitive cold dives on boat days anymore.

My only other choice was to cut back on my diving...:rofl:

Yeah, the drysuit was the ONLY choice :D .

Now, with the mighty 130, and 87 minute dives in 48-52F water, the BigBlueSmurfHands became the logical next step. I feel like I'm turning into my own personal submarine :14:.

Long explanation, but I am sorry I blasted ya about the water temps.

Of course the DMs were complimentary... You are an excellent diver who's logical, safety conscious, and independent. AND... you have fun!

I can't wait for Saturday... we are all going to have a great time!

Claudette

HBDiveGirl:
Obviously, there is nothing like 11 months of diving a drysuit to make me lose perspective and empathy. Cold water does hurt, and I clearly remember shivering in my 7mm from minute 20 through 60 on winter and spring dives. At the end of my second winter of constant diving, I bit the drysuit bullet and have never looked back.
*Cough*, well, some divers I know have been known to get colder in their drysuit when I've been poodling along blissfully in my 7mm custom JMJ. Then again I believe that whoever this diver was (no names mentioned, of course) said something about only having a 100g layer of undergarments ....

(Then again this is probably a testament to the excess interstitial blubber I need to lose.)

:D

HBDiveGirl:
Sorry I came off so harsh... I'm in a d.s. because I just couldn't take the repetitive cold dives on boat days anymore.

Actually, I was enjoying the friendly banter, Claudette!! No need to apologize. That said, I've made a decision to buy a drysuit before next winter. Not that I COULDN'T do another winter wet, but it'll be warmer, and heck, I love to buy dive gear!!!

Frank, I think you need to KEEP your interstitial blubber. Mine has proved quite useful for those 49F dives!!

OK now the hijack is really over - back to talking about the DIVE!!! :D

wetrat:
That said, I've made a decision to buy a drysuit before next winter.

John,

I'm going to be looking to buy a drysuit before the end of the year as well. Maybe if we can get enough buyers we can find a good deal somewhere :D

Glycerin:
John,

I'm going to be looking to buy a drysuit before the end of the year as well. Maybe if we can get enough buyers we can find a good deal somewhere :D
I'm also planning on getting a dry suit sometime before next winter. I think I feel a group purchase of Drysuits coming on!

But first, we need to conclude our group purchase of canister lights. :D

Christian

Glycerin & Headhunter:
I'm also planning on getting a dry suit sometime before next winter. I think I feel a group purchase of Drysuits coming on!
I know I am planning on buying a drysuit for the next winter as well. I also know Scott plans to buy one. So, that makes at least 6 of us planning on buying a drysuit. I think I smell a group buy!

Sorry for the hi-jack! This Saturday should be great!

See ya Saturday,
Phil

Been in Virginia for awhile working, called this morning to see if they still had room, but they are full.

Have fun all, sounds like it will be a great time.

TeqP:
I know I am planning on buying a drysuit for the next winter as well. I also know Scott plans to buy one. So, that makes at least 6 of us planning on buying a drysuit. I think I smell a group buy!

Sorry for the hi-jack! This Saturday should be great!

See ya Saturday,
Phil

Me 7 & maybe 8 :wink: I would place this much higher priority than a new night ... it's freak'n frigid right now.

It looks like tomorrow is going to be another great day with a very cool group of people!

I'll see you all in the morning!

Christian

As always, we had a fantastic day on the Sundiver!

It was great seeing you all and enjoying the dinner and camaraderie for Melvin Pasley afterwards.

I've just made a sticky out of the May Mo2vation boat dive and removed this one as a sticky.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom