Mo2vation Boat dives for 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Judy and I are booked on the January 28 Peace trip. Thanks Christian for the hard work.

Jim

LAJim:
Judy and I are booked on the January 28 Peace trip. Thanks Christian for the hard work.

Jim
Great!

I was just going to set up a thread for that.

Eric let me know last night that we could start calling in to reserve a spot. They are open for reservations from 10am to 6 pm every day. The numbers for eveyone reading this are as follows. Please let them know that you are calling from ScubaBoard, so that they know who is with our group.

805-650-DIVE Local Line
866-984-2025-Toll Free Line

This is going to be a great trip!

Christian

I've started a planning thread for the January Mo2vation Boat Dive on the Peace and moved some posts from this thread to that thread. I didn't move the post by LAJim to that thread because of technical reasons having to do with the timestamp.

Here is the new thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=123215

Also, I've started a thread that will serve as an "index" for all of the Mo2vation Boat Dives for the year here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=123220

Thanks.

Christian

At this point, if we wait much longer for boats to get back to me that have not done so yet, we're going to lose dates for those that have gotten back to me.

Here is the current situation.

January - Peace (done deal)
February - Spectre (waiting for confirmation)
March - Pacific Star (waiting for confirmation)

Those dates for February and March will most likely be solidified right after the first of the year.

I spoke to Ray, Captain of the Sundiver today. When I spoke to him last, he had practically the whole year open because he does not do his booking until the month of December. However, today this is what he has left.

April 22 - Sundiver
May 27 - Sundiver
Jun 24 - Sundiver
Sept 23 - Sundiver

I spoke to Jerry, Captain of the Magician today. His 4th Saturdays are all booked, but he does have a 4th Sunday, available.

July 22 - Magician

That leaves August and October to try to set up boats in San Diego.

I propose that we take the Sundiver and Magician dates. The Magician date will even allow give those who can only make it on a Sunday a day they can join us.

I will continue to try to get something put together for a San Diego boat for the months that are left over.

Next year we'll get a jump on all of this by contacting the boats earlier and try to spread things out a bit better, but at least this will get us going for 2006.

Since this is all about you, please let me know if taking the Sundiver and Magician dates right away makes sense to you.

I plan to contact both the Sundiver and the Magician tomorrow if there are no objections.

Thanks.

Christian

I like the idea of taking the Sunday date on the Magician. Maybe we could go to the rigs?

I've always wanted to dive Magician. I'ts a nice looking boat. I was working with a student group (and doing a little diving on the side) at Wrigley one day when it pulled up to te dock with a client who possibly had a too rapid accent. Looked like a top-notch boat and crew.

Jim

headhunter:
January - Peace (done deal)
February - Spectre (waiting for confirmation)
March - Pacific Star (waiting for confirmation)
Absolutely YES!
April 22 - Sundiver
May 27 - Sundiver
Jun 24 - Sundiver
Sept 23 - Sundiver
Positively affirmative (...except for May 27. I'll be out of town for Memorial Day)
...a 4th Sunday, available.
July 22 - Magician
Boffo!!! Excellent!!!
That leaves August and October to try to set up boats in San Diego.
Great idea if it comes together without torque!
[/quote]

Christian... YOU rule!!! I'm LOVIN' '06 and it hasn't even started yet!!!

I got an email back from the captain of the Lois Ann today and called him to see if we could finalize something for the months of August and October, which were the last two months left on the schedule.

There was no availability on the 4th Saturday of the month, so we went for the 3rd Saturday for these two months.

We're getting a very nice deal with them.

August 19th
Destination: This one should make Frank O very happy :D
Coronados Islands, Mexico (3 - 4 dives, time permitting)

Trips to the Coronados leave at 7am, boarding begins at 6:30 am.

The boat returns at about 5:00 pm.

Cost:
(includes AL-80 Tanks provided by the Lois Ann, air fills, food and beverages)

0 - 9 divers = $95
10 - 14 divers = $85
15 - 20 divers = $75

October 21st
Destination:
The Ruby E, Naval Electronics Lab aka "The Tower", 7 Fathom Pinnacles (3 dives)

Trip leaves at 7:30am, boarding begins at 7:00 am.

The boat returns at about 2:00 pm.

Cost:
(includes AL-80 Tanks provided by the Lois Ann, air fills, food and beverages)

0 - 9 divers = $80
10 - 14 divers = $65
15 - 20 divers = $42

Nitrox fills are available on the following price schedule:
80 Cu. ft. = $8
100 Cu. ft. = $10
120 Cu. ft. = $12
130 Cu. ft. = $14

I think that they are giving us some great deals and I look forward to diving on this boat!

Christian

All of the scheduling for the entire 2006 calendar year is now done. The only boat that I have not gotten a final confirmation from is the Spectre. They are out until just after the 1st of the year, but I'm thinking of this as a done deal.

I've already created planning threads and put all of the events on the calendar for all of these except the Spectre. That will be done upon final confirmation.

I've got the entire schedule up as a sticky thread in the Trips and Local Marketplace forum with links to each planning thread here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=123220

Don't wait until the last minute to sign up for any of these boats.

Remember that each of these boats is working on filling these open boats just like we are. If a shop comes along in February that wants to fill an October boat and we have only taken 3 spots. The rest of those spots will be sold. That's the only way that we can work with these boats and not make a financial commitment to them up front.

I've already given my credit card number to all of these boats to hold a spot for me. Keep in mind that they only use the card to hold the spot and will only charge it on the day of the trip, so if you book these trips now for the whole year, you won't be charged for a year's worth of boat diving all at once.

I look forward to seeing you all on these trips and will now "unstick" this thread as the advanced planning is now over.

Thank you all for your help through this discussion.

Christian

Wow, sounds fantastic!

The Ruby E and Tower I know about, and I'm guessing "7 Fathom Pinnacles" are pinnacles, huh? But what are the Coronados Islands like? (Asked with happy anticipation.) If it's in Mexico, it's gotta be good! (I'm trying to restrain my brain from imagining warm water, heh heh).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom