Moalboal or Malapascua ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sentlon

Registered
Reaction score
i have been straggling to pick one of them, i have very tight budget for this trip. as my research tell Moalboal can get very cheap rate like accommodation and diving rate.
i am wondering is it possible Malapascua also can have the same low budget as Moalboal for diving trip? i really need advice from you guys.

thanks

PS: do the Sardines still around in Moalboal????????????

In Malapascua you can probably get a room for P300 if you hunt around. And diving for, well, some shops might be offering it for less than P1000 per dive including fees and equipment...we go as low as P1200 per dive.

Meals can be found at local eateries for P100 or less.

transportation might be a bit more expensive to get to Malapascua...

Good luck and enjoy.

In Malapascua you can probably get a room for P300 if you hunt around. And diving for, well, some shops might be offering it for less than P1000 per dive including fees and equipment...we go as low as P1200 per dive.

Meals can be found at local eateries for P100 or less.

transportation might be a bit more expensive to get to Malapascua...

Good luck and enjoy.

Do u have some.direction for me to look for the cheap hostel and dive shop u just mention

I never been there , it would help a lot if u can give me some hints to find them.
Thanks

Well most of them are cheap as they have no email, no website and no marketing... you show up and you see if they have rooms and if they have dives. That's one of the reasons they're cheap.

You could google BB's lodging house, or Mr Kwiiz for accommodation and Safety Stop or Fun and Sun for diving...

If the fund is really tight then Moalboal is a good choice. All the sites are near by and there is no extra to pay.
P900.00 per dive at Nelson is hard to beat.
But Malapascua just has the extra edge on diving.
Can't go wrong with both places.

I have stayed for over a month in both places and really perfer Moalboal over Malapascua. Travel,diving,& lodging are more expensive in Malapascua plus topside activies are limited. Ofcourse I pick Alona Beach over all the Cebu dive destinations for the all around affordable amenities and it is my home. Enjoy the Philippines,it is a great place to dive & live.

"Living life without a hard bottom"
KT

sorry cant assist with the affordability question, but can tell you, hands down,diving Malapascua is superior to Moalboal. Hope you can make it work.

Dude! Thresher sharks. Only place in the world I that I know that you can swim with them. Thresher sharks! Gotta do Malapascua.

Oh, and they have mandarin fish, mobula rays, nudies, and bulldozer shrimp.

And, did I mention the thresher sharks?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom