Mobby's drysuit glue canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jhnvan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Been trying to find info on the type of glue to use that is available in Canada for a Mobby's Aqua tech drysuit. I believe it has a pvc layer of some sort inside. I have a pinhole that I need to fix and I don't want to be wasting money and flooding my suit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Otherwise I've heard that there is an official Mobby's repair center in BC but I haven't been able to find it...

Sent them (mobby's) a message but have yet to hear from them. I think PSI might be their distributor but I'm also waiting to find out if they are also the service center.

In the meantime I'm still trying to find what glue to use to patch up that pinhole (my cat got caught in the drysuit with one of her claws)

Aquaseal and Seamgrip are available in Canada. Either one should work just fine to seal off your pinhole problem.

-Z

Apparently aquaseal does not stick to the pvc layer in these suits.

PSI is the Canadian distributor and repair center. I'll see what they have to say.

For repairs to PVC gloves I found that PVC pipe cement works the best. A couple of thin layers and it literally welds the PVC back together and doesn't peel like Aquaseal.

Reactions: Zef
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom