mobbys SPORTSHELL Dry Suit for 400$ need feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jersymick

New
Reaction score
i got a mobbys SPORTSHELL Dry Suit for 400$. used twice for cert & kept in temperature controlled environment. all seals are good,like new.

i just started a buisness which requires me to dive just about everyday in summer.im trying to expand my season, but we skiped fall & went strait to winter in NW NJ this year.will be using it in fresh water lake, max depth of 18', with 80% of time spent at 7' or shallower.water temp is 55 degrees now, hoping to stay in for another month. So i will be in it allot. can someone who has used this suit or a "low" model suit like this tell me what to expect?
should i keep it or sell it?
any info would be a great help.

i haven't been in a drysuit since 1991 (Navy). i didn't start diving again til 2007. i lost my career after breaking my back & sever head trauma from a auto accident. im saying this because i have had the training,but can not remember much bout it. which happened with normal scuba. but as soon as i jumped back into the water hugh amount came back to me.

I and all of my workers use mobbys we work in them just about every day from november till april than from may to nov we use Bare wet suits. But the mobbys is a wery durable suit and will take a lot of abuse. I would say keep it at that price you can't go wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom