Mods are sleeping: From Observed an OW class yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving Dubai

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This forum has special rules. This forum is intended to be a very friendly, "flame free zone" where divers of any skill level may ask questions about basic scuba topics without fear of being accosted. Please show respect and courtesy at all times. Remember that the inquirer is looking for answers that they can understand. This is a learning zone and consequently, any off-topic or overly harsh responses will be removed..

Clearly not - The MOD's are sleeping

I remember myself as a new diver. I was a mess. It took nearly 100 dives for me to get the confidence to mask clear. On my early dives I hated if the instructor stopped to show us something because I was all over the place. Bicycle kicking, corking to the surface. You name it I was probably guilty of it. Things hanging and dragging was the least of my faux pars.

I applaud @Marie13 for speaking up. I happen to know how much effort she has put in to improve herself, how much advice she sought privately both online and to he instructors and mentors to better herself. She knows her issues and will overcome them - it just needs a bit of practice.

Even if you don't like the subject, the harshness of some of the responses are inexcusable, and the posters should be ashamed of such posts in the Basic forum.

I'd be more than happy to dive with Marie - except she has an affinity to liking cold water so is clearly completely mad, but apart from that...

Clearly not - The MOD's are sleeping
Not at all, but which post did you report? What? You didn't? So, what you're doing by snarking on the mods is simply taking the thread further off track. You've become a part of the problem simply by complaining publicly instead of reporting the post privately. Normally, we would whisk your snark over to site support, but you did make it a bit on topic and this will make it a learning moment. We can't be on every post of every thread. We rely on all of the users to report problematic posts. Someone complained... and things got cleaned up. This is OUR community. It will be as nice or as snarky as we want it to be. The mods really try to keep things very friendly in our "green zones": Basic and Learning. As the topics advance, then we feel you can tolerate a bit more snark. It can get pretty harsh in the tech zones and while name calling is still not allowed, you'll be called on to put up or shut up.

So please: help us to help you in keeping Basic Scuba, New to Scuba and the Considering Scuba forums super friendly by reporting snark. It's OK to disagree, but there is no need to cast aspersions on your fellow poster in here.

Actually I did make a report. Some time ago. Thank you.
Good for you. We disagreed on that particular post. Being in basic doesn't stifle all discussion. We wouldn't be relevant if that were the case. Still, it's not a good reason to hijack the thread with complaints about the mods and the way we disagreed with you. Why would you think that being snarky while you're complaining about people being snarky is acceptable???

So we're clear, I copied your post in toto here and edited your snark out of the one in the thread. If you have a problem: report it. Don't make it worse by doing the very thing you don't like.

I think the mods deserve a raise.
At least some respect. We'll settle for some respect. Ix-nay, on the aise-ray!

We were promised that our pay would be doubled.

I'd be happy to keep an eye on the newcomers forum but apparently I'm banned from there for past transgressions.

No idocsteve you were probably banned from there for dragging dangles. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom