Mohawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blu Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any charters that run to the Mohawk in Southwest Florida? From what I gather it seems to be such a long ride out to the Mohawk most shops don't bother with it or don't have their own boat. I'm interested in diving the Mohawk in February.

www.fantaseascuba.com The Dive shop is located in Port Charlotte & I believe the boat is docked at a marina near Boca Grande. I'm sure there are probably other shops in the Ft. Myers area that also make the run.

i'd second Fantasea scuba. Unfortunately the owner of the charter I've been using to go to the Mohawk died over Christmas, or I'd recommend him.

You may also want to check out Jamie with Aristocat charters. He's on the board, and I've seen him out there.

By coincidence I got an email from Mac's in Clearwater, which is organizing an overnight trip towards the end of January, and Tanked up scuba center in Palm Harbor does a few trips out that way too.
Neither have I dived with, but I have been thinking about visiting the Mohawk.....

Open call for a trip to the Mohawk, end of June. Single AOW,

I will be in the area June 27th or 28th and would like to connect with a boat going out. (Yes, this is Thursday or Friday as Sat and the next week is family time)

Anyone already going or anyone wanting to join up, let me know.

Here's a new Underwater 360 Video shot from the bow of the Mohawk on March 9, 2013. We did this trip on the 100ft liveaboard Ultimate Getaway out of Ft Myers. There is trip report info on that site that has the 360 video. I know they are running more Mohawk trips this spring.

You can also check out six pack boats El Gavilan and Aristakat through Fantasea Scuba in Port Charlotte. Fantasea is an excellent shop with great support for tech divers too.

Best,
Brian D.

I live in Fort Myers and am going to be diving the Mohawk this summer. There is a local dive shop here that runs trips (I am not affiliated with them, but got my wife certified through them. They are a good shop):

Captain Pete's Diving Outfitters
4391 Colonial Blvd
Fort Myers, FL 33966
Tel: (239) 337-9564
Fax: (239) 337-9565

Re June/July trips to the Mohawk.
I have recently spoken with FantaSea Scuba in Port Charlotte and Ultimate Getwaways in Fort Myers about adding a Mohawk trip around the week of the 4th.

FantaSea may be able to do a trip on June 27th if we can get enough takers. Fantasea Scuba Dive Shop Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Florida

Ultimate Getaway is looking to add a trip July 2nd for the 1 year anniversary of the sinking. www.ultimategetaway.net

Is anyone interested in either of these trips?

---------- Post added April 10th, 2013 at 10:07 AM ----------

Here's a new Underwater 360 Video shot from the bow of the Mohawk on March 9, 2013. We did this trip on the 100ft liveaboard Ultimate Getaway out of Ft Myers. There is trip report info on that site that has the 360 video. I know they are running more Mohawk trips this spring.

You can also check out six pack boats El Gavilan and Aristakat through Fantasea Scuba in Port Charlotte. Fantasea is an excellent shop with great support for tech divers too.

Best,
Brian D.

Brian Great Video, thanks. From your link, I connected with UltimateGetaway about a 1year anniversary trip. Hopefully we can get a full boat going out on 7/2

TRIP ON!

Brent at Deans Dive Center has added a Mohawk 1 Year Anniversary 2-tank trip July 2nd.

Dean's uses a smaller boat so the spots are limited. There are only 4 spots left.

Go to Dean's Dive Center or call Brent at (239) 489-0500 to resreve your spot.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom