Molding Jetfins to fit drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nunomix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

Still with the problem about the fins. I tried first time the Jetfins XL with my drysuit outside of the water and they seem to tight to the foot. After that, I tried the Turtles but they were slightly large to my foot.

Not knowing which option to take, I tried in my drysuit course both the turtles and jetfins underwater.

First with the turtles, although outside of the water they seem almost good, when underwater they are way too big, making it impossible to swim.

Second dive I tried the jetfins XL. Outside of the water they feel very tight. Also fitting the feet, they get very much before the ankle area (big part of the feet stays out of the fin, because of being too tight). The fin pocket is not short. It is just that I cannot get my feet inside it. When underwater I did not feel too much difficulty using them althought I would feel they are slightly tight.

So my conclusion is that Scubapro jetfins fit better than turtles underwater, although I didnt try them deep (maximum I tried was 10m). Is there anyway to make the fin pocket slightly larger?

thank you

Some guys had similar problems around my shop, they cured the ailment by using a dremil grinding tool and shaving down some of the excess boot material. Doesn’t look so great but if you’re a really functional kind of guy it doesn’t matter.

Good luck

JUMBO

I faced the same problem but came up with a novel solution: I got a large wet suit boot to put over the feet of my drysuit (a 2 mil compressed neoprene suit that DOESN'T have built-in boots). I have size 11-12 feet and found the same problems: the Turtles and XXL Jet fins were too large for the Rock Boots that came with my suit and the XL Jetfins were too small. Got size 12 wet suit booties that slip over my feet and still allow me to use my existing XL split fins....the only dry suit option that lets you do this.

I just got back from a week of diving in British Columbia and it worked like a charm ... unlike the rest of the divers on the trip!

Back
Top Bottom