Moluccas and Banda islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Luko,

Just want to let you know if you're up to eastern Indonesia for your next diving trip, there is a new resort which totally Eco oriented so it keeps the accommodation basic. It does not have any web site yet but you can do search on the Manager's blog on Ahe Eco Resort. Price totally affordable but as this is in remote part of Papua I have checked the air ticket could cost more than the diving & accommodation rate.

Diving Highlights: Whale Sharks
Guaranteed: Not Touristic AT ALL.

Have a great week end to you all.

Hi Luko,

Just want to let you know if you're up to eastern Indonesia for your next diving trip, there is a new resort which totally Eco oriented so it keeps the accommodation basic. It does not have any web site yet but you can do search on the Manager's blog on Ahe Eco Resort. Price totally affordable but as this is in remote part of Papua I have checked the air ticket could cost more than the diving & accommodation rate.

Diving Highlights: Whale Sharks
Guaranteed: Not Touristic AT ALL.

Hey,
Thanks a heap for the information.
I don't how you would get there flying (which airport -more exactly plane field- is it?) but that looks absolutely fantastic! :bounce:

If you get a chance down the road do take the time to dive at Maluku Divers Resort in Ambon. Andy is extremely helpful with the Indonesia domestic flights.
Great staff, excellent diving with superb dive masters, easy to get to from Jakarta, good food and very nice HUGE rooms! I had a great time there and we are going back again this November. Also, had a wonderful time at Lotus Bungalows Resort in Candidasa last September and saw lots of mola molas!! Great resort and amazing dive operation!

...you can do search on the Manager's blog on Ahe Eco Resort.

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not getting where I can find info on this place. I can find info where??? Google returns nothing ...

@ Luko:
You will need to fly to Biak from Jakarta (either with Merpati/Garuda) and then continue to Nabire with Susie Air (a local airplane). As the local flight schedule has a big probability of delay, I would suggest you to give two days prior & subsequent to your stay in this resort with your international flight.

The Jakarta - Biak Air tickets vary from USD 300 - 550/person/way. Depends on the class available when you book the tickets.

The accommodation & diving package is pretty cheap as they provide basic room with fan only.

@Highdesert: Like I mentioned before, they do not have any website yet so all the promotion done by blog. You may check the following link: harlem islands Scubasigns Blog.

They also will be on ScubaDiver AA next August edition. I will have meeting with Dave Stijn the manager tomorrow after his mola - mola dive (he has never seen one - so wish him luck).

Hi Mike,

He was in Nabire last week and has no internet connection. The only time when he can have internet connection is when he is in Biak. This time he is in Bali having family vacation, so we communicate by sms only.

My poor thumbs :crazyeye:

Hi Mike,

He was in Nabire last week and has no internet connection. The only time when he can have internet connection is when he is in Biak. This time he is in Bali having family vacation, so we communicate by sms only.

My poor thumbs :crazyeye:
haha, tdk apa2. Sudah :)

Is there any way to fly to Biak/Nabire from Sorong? I will be in Raja Ampat in January and this sounds like a nice add on if possible.

Hi Magrone,

I have checked and there is no connecting flight from Sorong to Biak. But below is the flight info from Jakarta or Denpasar to Nabire via Biak

¨ DPS - BIK.

1 DPS – CGK ETD 2130 ETA 2215 GA 415 transit in Jakarta, continue with

2 CGK – BIK ETD 2355 ETA 0745 GA 650

¨ BIK - DPS.

1 BIK - UPG ETD 1245 – ETA 1425 GA 651 transit in Makassar, continue with

2 UPG - DPS ETD 1745 – ETA 1900 GA 625

Jakarta – Biak vice versa by Merpati.

¨ CGK - BIK,.

MZ 790 Jakarta - Makassar 22:00 - 01:15
MZ 766 Makassar - Biak 01:50 - 05:35

¨ BIK - CGK.
MZ 761 Biak - Jakarta 17:20 - 21:15

While for the Biak – Nabire vice versa flight there are flights by Susi Air, Avian , & Merpati

I have checked with Susi Air and below are their schedule:

¨ BIK – Nabire 11.40 – 12.35

¨ Nabire – Biak 05.50 – 06.50

As everybody knows that Indonesian flights especially to the remote area change/delay flight time often, I would suggest you to give one day between you international flight with your flight from & to Biak.

FYI, Ahe Eco Resorts has 3 agents to assist divers who would like to explore this area and I am proud to pronounce that my company AquaMarine is one of the lucky three :wink:

Back
Top Bottom