Momentum Nereos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robertj

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Awesome forum - well managed and knowledgeable members!

I am looking to purchase the Nereos dive watch because I dig the depth reading and the style. Although the Citizen Aqualand looks more professional (i.e., you can wear to a business meeting) and is just awesome, it looks too "expensive" for me to wear in emerging markets (I live in El Salvador and travel in Latin America). The Neroes is more low-key and will thus attract less attention.

Does anyone here own the Nereos or has seen it person? I am over 30 but I have fairly slender wrists. I am concerned the watch will look out of place. Also, it is 180 grams (.4 pounds). That seems heavy for a dive watch, no?

In the end, I am looking for a watch with a depth reader that does not look stupid nor expensive.

Thanks!

Robert

Just got mine yesterday. I must say the pictures (even from the manufacturer) do not do it justice. It is gorgeous! I would definately wear it to the office or anywhere. I'm almost afraid to dive with it since it's so nice, but I will :wink:

It seems very sturdy and so far I really love it.

I also have very skinny wrists (tall skinny guy -- 6'4 about 170 lbs) and the strap just fits. It doesn't work well using the last hole on the band (got the rubber band), but the next to last works fine. Though I wish it were just a little more snug on me on the next to last hole, it is not TOO loose so I dont feel the need to push it to the last hole.

I really like the look of the watch. The bezel is also very nice with a satisfying click for each minute space. It rotates counterclockwise only so you can't accidentally add more time (good thinking there).

My only concern is that the digital section of the watch (which includes depth etc) is a little dark which I really like and adds to the appearance, but I wonder how readable it will be under water. Most likely it will be fine though since I've heard no complaints on this issue during my research.

Overall, I'm ecstatic with the the watch so far. I'll post more as I learn more. Especially if/when I get it in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom