Monday, Oct 14 Cape Ann morning dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey all,

Since most seem to be heading to Maine on Columbus Day, I'm starting a new thread for those of us who prefer or have a need to dive Cape Ann.

So, if you want to grab some morning diving, please respond.

Here's the info:
TIDE (Gloucester): 6:40am High, 12:29 am Low: so roughly mid to low tide diving.
WEATHER: mostly sunny, mid 50s
WIND: rather windy from NW, I believe the wind today (Sunday) has been NE
SEAS: NOAA forecast: 4-8 feet, decreasing to 3-6
TIME: negrats and I are hoping for (early) morning
SITE: TBD Here are the needs
1) negrats wants to do at least a dive of lobserting
2) protected (citing this weekend's and tomorrow's highish winds)
3) non-rocky entry, b/c tide

I know that sounds rough, it still leaves us many options. (ie. Loblolly, Pebble, Salt Island, the infamous Back/Front Beach and probably others) But then again, I'm no expert on Cape Ann Dive site selection.

On a personal note: I really want to dive cause my reg finally came in!!!!!! And, yes (shellbird) I will formally introduce myself. Soon, I promise... they are actually giving me a day off soon. Unless, I decided to dive then too.. hehe

Mer

ok, we have decided to dive cape anne tomorrow. Due to last minute tank rental needed, we will be meeting at the burger king on 128 at 10:00am. I hope this is not too late for those of you who wanted to do an early dive. hope to see you all tomorrow.

our dives today. We were supposed to do a couple of scallop dives from the small boat. There is a small craft warning out for today so the boat wasn't going out.

When CAD called we asked about any shore diving being done. We were told that the vis was about 2 ft. So you may want to plan around that. We called the day, and turned around at Worcester. We ended the day with a couple of freshwater dives closer to home.

We are hoping to get out during the week sometime.

Dive safe and get a couple of bugs.

Great to see we have several people signed on.

I have no problem with Burger King at 10:00, I just have to leave the Cape by 4:00 (at the VERY latest) to get to work on time. I'm hoping to get two dives in, but at least there are other people if I have to leave early.

Now, I just have to hope that I don't get out of work too too late tonight.

See you then,
Mer

Back
Top Bottom