money?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrdivagrl

Reaction score
ahh ladies i am in desperate need of help here! i am curently extremely interested in purchasing a bimaculoide octopus aka a bimac. all together i need $500 dollars and i already have $200. what is the best and fastest way to earn a lot of money? Excluding babysitting please, i already do that :wink: .
I REALLY need the money THANKS!

-anna

One suggestion is: contact a local university/college as some departments need study subjects (aka guinea pigs). Avoid the ones that require you to do dubious things - like test medicines. But there are things like answering questionnairs and attending focus group sessions that pay.

Failing that, you can see what jobs are going on weekends at the shopping mall.

I know the feeling. When I was in my teens, I did everything from flipping burgers to telephone sales to even less edifying work.

Good luck

jrdivagrl:
ahh ladies i am in desperate need of help here! i am curently extremely interested in purchasing a bimaculoide octopus aka a bimac. all together i need $500 dollars and i already have $200. what is the best and fastest way to earn a lot of money? Excluding babysitting please, i already do that :wink: .
I REALLY need the money THANKS!

-anna

I'm not, er....a female.....but have a thought on this issue...

Go around the neighborhood and offer your services as cat sitter/dog sitter while folks go away on vacations...My 12 yr old gets $20-30 each time, for one animal, some plant watering, etc.

Word got around fast, and he has to turn away clients...too many of em...heh

the animal stays at the owners place, and you may have to feed once or twice a day, plus make sure the animal gets out a bit, but its easy money...

if you play an instrument or do anything artsy, go to a park on the weekend, put
down a hat, and do your thing for people.

if you try it, it might really work

(oh, make sure that local ordinances allow this. you can
call CIty Hall and ask for the legal department, and ask
an attorney if the City has bans on this sort of thing)

How about clean houses, wash windows for elderly neighbors, mow lawns, or shovel snow?

Put up a flyer in your local grocery store advertising your prices.

Well...

$500 includes the aquarium, pumps, and the octo? Not to burst the bubble...but I did check out the sites, and they seem to be a pretty high maintenance and expensive pet if it's something that is just a "current" interest.

But if you really have thought it through...there's no fast money...why not try and get a part time job at a local aquarium or pet store? That way, you can learn more about them, get a discount on supplies, and earn money to boot!!

Well thanks to all for the GREAT suggestions! I am currently holding down 2 part time jobs, a belayer and i work at a bookstore. opiniongirl- i have thought the idea through completely. In the future i intend to become a marine biologist!

Good for you, and congrats on getting TWO jobs - be sure to post a pic when you get the little feller!

octopus eggs for $150 a bunch of ten

Thats expensive. anyone know the legalities of selling that kind of live stuff on ebay?

Back
Top Bottom