Monster headache after diving today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemistress

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Two dives in a quarry, with friends. Each dive less than 1 hour, lengthy surface interval. Max depth 65, average depth 30-35, temperature 62 below thermocline, about 72 above.

My headache started during the second, shallower dive. When I got out of the water, it exploded. Located in my forehead/sinuses, temples/sides of head, back of neck, burning eyes. Also, I'm exhausted -- slept two hours on the way home -- and running a two-degree fever.

Should I be concerned, or just wait it out? By the way, my allergies have NOT been bothering me lately.

Thanks,

Judy

The fever would be unusual for DCS, but exhaustion and severe headache suggest something isn't right.

Call DAN.
They are set up to give rapid and competent advice and coordinate with local health care people.

Web diagnoses aren't reliable enough to trust with your health. Telephone calls are better (but still not good) and nothing is as good as a face-to-face interview and exam for sorting things out.

Start with Dan and do it soon
John

the headache is a little better today, but very little. i will give dan a call.

judy

i did not give dan a call.

you know the feeling, "i hate to bother them because there's probably nothing wrong with me".

by thursday night the headache was gone. but before i go diving again, i will see my ENT doc, who happens to be a diver......we've discussed diving in the past, and the sinus infections i contract after longer trips, but this headache is a new occurence.

thank you both for your help and concern. i was rather worried.

best,

judy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom