Monterey Bay dive accident yesterday....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LittleFrog

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was hiking around Point Lobos yesterday and rounded Whaler's Cove about 10am when the Monterey Express entered the cove and the rescue team launched the inflatable to pick up a diver on board. I can't find any info on the incident. Does anyone know what happened?

It could be related to this Sheriff log report:

Date of Report: 2/17/2008
Deputy Name: B IRONS
Report Number: 01136-08
Charges: M17
Suspect Arrested Y/N: No
Arrestee: None
Time of Report: 0953
Synopsis: A SCUBA DIVER REPORTED HIS DIVING PARTNER SURFACED TO QUICKLY DURING A RECREATIONAL DIVE AND WAS INJURIED. CASE SUSPENDED.

I hope that everyone is okay. I am curious about that the charges (M17) refer to.

Report on BA_Diving was that she took a chamber ride, but turned out OK.

Report on BA_Diving was that she took a chamber ride, but turned out OK.
Are you sure about that? I'm on ba_diving myself, and the only mention of an accident on 2/17 is from someone's 2/18 report over hearing that the victim didn't make it.

Are you sure about that? I'm on ba_diving myself, and the only mention of an accident on 2/17 is from someone's 2/18 report over hearing that the victim didn't make it.

You didn't read the entire posting there.

You didn't read the entire posting there.

Exactly. The details are further down in John's report:

Leaving the hotel, I overheard a guy talking on a cell phone telling his friend or someone that the victim from the day before didn't make it. Not a great way to start the day. . .

While we were in the lot, Trevor said that the boyfriend of yesterdays' victim had been in the shop, and she had taken a chamber ride, but was alive, conscious, and talking. That was good news. Speedy recovery to you, whoever you are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom