Monterey/Carmel Pics 5-25-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Trying to catch up a bit before leaving Friday for Utila. Here are some from a couple of dives we did a few weeks ago. First set are from Monolobo in Carmel.

Geitodoris Heathi
P5250009-01cropsm.jpg

Featherduster worm in Corynactis
P5250024-01cropsm.jpg

Sea Star
P5250028-01sm.jpg

The rest are from Shale Island in Monterey, off Del Monte beach

Peltodoris Nobilis
P5250043-01cropsm.jpg

Diaulula Sandiegensis with Purple Ringtop Snails
P5250033-01cropsm.jpg

Diaulula Sandiegensis orgy with red Sea Cucumber
P5250040-01cropsm.jpg

Hermissenda Crassicornis
P5250068-01croppssm.jpg

P5250055-01cropsm.jpg

Finally, and my wife swears she didn't set this up for me
Purple Ringtop Snail on a Turban Snail on a Kellet's Whelk
P5250062-01cropsm.jpg

Great shots.
Have a great Utila trip and take lots of pictures.
(And thanks for all of your informative SP-350 posts.)

Beautiful stuff Larry. That's quite a menage a trois! You sure your wife wasn't the matchmaker on that one? :) Have a great time in Utila, but be careful, the warm water could be a big shock to your systems. Regards, ++Ken++

Thanks Andy, Ken & RTW. Hopefully, I can figure out how to take pictures in clear water with natural light. Maybe I'll just adjust the WB so they all look green. Then I'll feel at home. Maybe some Whale Sharks have delayed their plane reservations and will stick around for us since we're a few weeks late on their season.

Larry,

With all due respect, I'm not so sure I believe your wife! Are you SURE she didn't set-up that picture???

Anyway, great pictures (as always)!

I'm sure I speak for others when I say, I'm looking forward to the pictures you'll bring back from Utila. Have a safe and fun trip.

Jeff

Thanks Jon, thanks Jeff, and now that the stressful part (planning and packing) is over, I'm sure we'll have a great time. Anyone fly TACA lately? I couldn't seem to get an answer from them on personal items. (Purse, backpack) and whether they have to go in the ONE 22lb. carry on (reg.bag/emergency lost baggage clothing & camera gear). Many airlines allow a second under seat personal item.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom