Monterey Clean-Up Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LittleFrog

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know if there is going to be a clean-up dive this year as part of the annual Coastal Clean-Up on Saturday? I've had a heck of a time trying to find information on it.

scubasean: you are the man! I knew I could cound on you for the info. As I recall, you posted the info on SB last year. I was a newbie then, with only 8 dives under my weightbelt. I didn't have a buddy for the clean-up dive but hooked up with some great divers at the event. I almost brought up a big blue vase, fully intact with bow and everything....except the octopus living inside liked it better.

I have a buddy for the event this year and 137 dives under my integrated weight system. I'm glad the event is a go and I'm looking forward to meeting more incredible divers.

Hope more of us can make it!

I took part in Intl Coastal Cleanup last year (not here though) and plan to be diving in Monterey this weekend with some friends, but I wont be able to attend the official clean up event, because I'm doing an unofficial refresh/return to the ocean for a friend who has been away from diving for awhile. But we'll be cleaning up of course, its rare that I finish a day of diving without pockets full of junk. We've also done a few cleanup dives at the Del Monte pier, and found - among other things - a skillet, a cell phone, a number of flashlights and a pirate's peg-leg.
See you guys in the water!

LittleFrog:
scubasean: you are the man! I knew I could cound on you for the info. As I recall, you posted the info on SB last year.

Thanks!

I love to support the cleanup...and hope to help clean areas that may not have organized efforts (Monestary beach, for example...).

Enjoy!

We're taking the Zodiacs out for a few dives tomorrow, I'll be sure to pick up any trash that I find out there. I found a car windshield wiper near the "Mating Amtraks" 2 weeks ago. How it got there, I have no idea.

Mel

melfox26:
We're taking the Zodiacs out for a few dives tomorrow, I'll be sure to pick up any trash that I find out there. I found a car windshield wiper near the "Mating Amtraks" 2 weeks ago. How it got there, I have no idea.

Mel
it could be from a boat....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom