Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newbie to the board here, just wanted to say thank you for keeping this thread alive. I just did my first four boat dives in Monterey over Halloween. Had a big weight adjustment with all of this 7mm suit/Aluminum tank buoyancy that I wasn't used to. Otherwise, I've rekindled my joy for diving and I'm hoping to do my first shore dives (ever!) at Breakwater or Point Lobos soon.

Newbie to the board here,....I've rekindled my joy for diving and I'm hoping to do my first shore dives (ever!) at Breakwater or Point Lobos soon.

CalTony, Welcome aboard. See you at the ocean sometime.

Got out to Lovers today... Vis was a generous 15ft. vis @ 35fsw. Temp was 56 on my computer. Surge was evident, but not to bad. Saw the usual critters to be seen. forecast looks good for the next few days... Get out while you can:)

Did two at Breakwater yesterday. 10-12ft vis. A lot of Rainbow nudibranchs out. Not the best vis but it was nice to be diving. Air temp was 73. Water temp was 55. It feels cold now after getting used to the 60's we were having.Went by Monastery and it was a bit rough but doable. Vis looked iffy so we elected for Breakwater. If I'm going to have less than 15ft vis at least I want an easier entry and exit. Great day in Monterey.

---------- Post added November 21st, 2015 at 01:43 PM ----------

I forgot to mention, I found a fin at about 20ft at Breakwater. It looks like it had not been there long. Let me know if you lost it and I'll see what I can do to get it back to you.

Fun dive today at the Breakwater. Good thing I've been exercising 'cause by the time we arrived (a little after 8am) it was packed and we had to park in the upper lot.

It was a warm, sunny day. There weren't any significant waves, but the surface was choppy. We dropped at the 7 into about 10 foot of vis & it improved the further out we went to 15+ feet. We followed the bottom of the wall on the way out and returned along the 25 to 30 foot contour. I noticed a mixing layer at that depth with the water a brownish green above and blue below. Water temperature was 57 on the surface and a min of 55 at depth.

We saw lots of blue rockfish, a cormorant swimming just out of video range, and had a couple of sea lion passes.

Bottom time 42 minutes.

USPAP: I didn't lose a fin, but if yours matches the one I found at Coral street a while back I might like to have it (if the owner doesn't turn up). I saw a lot of students today with the same brand I found (size xxl, BTW).

3D that was not the size I found. I'm sure finding the owner will be a long shot. No initials or anything like that. Glad you got out. Weekends are a zoo at BW. I had to park on the street above the second lot one time. I think that was the last time I went there on a weekend.

Did a dive at North Monastery. Vis was 30+. Water was really calm and bluish. Temp was about 52 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added November 22nd, 2015 at 09:46 PM ----------

For the second dive, dove Carmel Meadows, Wedding Rock. Been waiting a few months to dive this spot since it is rarely calm. It was about 35' vis.and the sun was out . Buddy commented that it was like an aquarium. November is still my favorite month for diving Carmel when it is calm.

---------- Post added November 22nd, 2015 at 09:46 PM -----For the second dive, dove Carmel Meadows, Wedding Rock. Been waiting a few months to dive this spot since it is rarely calm. It was about 35' vis.and the sun was out . Buddy commented that it was like an aquarium. November is still my favorite month for diving Carmel when it is calm.
wr.jpg
The picture of the divesite

Clear silicon dive mask with a very strong prescription was last used at BW on 11/1/15. I know it came out of the water with me and up to the parking lot and thought I had brought it home but can't find it there. It has my name and phone number on it - but the writing tends to fade over time. Long shot on getting it back (unless it really is at home) but I would be very grateful if it is found. Neither Breakwall Scuba, Aquarius, or Glenn's has seen it.

Back
Top Bottom