Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today Breakwater had about 10ft +/- vis. might have been 15 in spots. Green. Wall was best vis. Saw 3 Dolphin right on edge of kelp near the number 4.

Anyone looking to Dive Monterey tomorrow on 6/1/2017? Looking to get in about 3-4 dives on the day. I will pay for air refills... Let me know.!

Monastery was good today. 40ft. vis. Water temp
51deg. @ 60fsw. Surface was a lake. Sunny and warm topside with a light breeze. Lots of different rock fish of different ages, big lings, clouds of krill, some live abalones. The kelp is filling in some as well. If you can, go dive before the swell picks up again. Safe diving:)

Dove Breakwater with a buddy this morning. In the water at 9am, max depth was 43ft and temps were 52 degrees. Lots of jellyfish in the water. We tried to head out to the metridium fields, but ran into a ton of jellies and turned around before we reached the end of the pipe. First dive we had about 10-15ft vis, but our second dive it was starting to drop. Much more surgey for our second dive. Did find a pair of butt cheeckless panties at 40ft on our way back in....strange. Overall not a bad day.

Anyone interested in diving Sunday afternoon?

Edit to add: I have interest in kayak diving (have a kayak but it's not yet rigged for diving) and hunting (dont have anything).

Last edited:
Did 2 at Breakwater Thursday. less than 10 ft vis. Had a good time shooting Macro. A lot of Herrmasinda off the wall in sandy area. 57 degrees first dive, second was 53. Got a bit rougher later on but not too bad. Water was looking a little green. It will likely get worse with the hot weather coming on.

IMG_9122.PNG
IMG_9121.PNG
IMG_9120.PNG
IMG_9119.PNG

One at lovers cove today. Viz was 8ft, opening up a little below 30ft. Lowest recorded temp was 51f. Surface water temp was 56f.

Game to get back in tomorrow if anyone else is keen...

Monterey anyone this upcoming Thursday or Friday? June 22 or 23rd? Let me know, anywhere in Monterey will work. Looking for 3-4 dives in the day since ill be driving out from Sacramento early that AM. Let me know

Breakwater/San Carlos Beach, in the sandy area away from the wall. Had 5-10 feet of visibility with a current moving us toward big pipe (about 40-45ft). In the shallows (about 20ft) had considerable surge with even less visibility. Temp read 51F. Had considerable surface chop and quite a bit of surf. Thumbed the night dive idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom