Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove Lobos last Thursday and Friday. The viz varied from 15' near the boat ramp to 45' at Middle Reef. The water was a bit milky in the shallows.

Viz at Breakwater was 10-15' the past few days.

In other news the new BreakWater dive shop is now open. I'm not going to spam the list so if you'd like to know more about it please PM me.

Thanks!
-Adrian

We did a night dive at Breakwater on Saturday. Lots of people there from lots of different groups. Most I've seen there for night diving. Viz appeared to be excellent for night time. Every time I took a photo and my strobes went off, a harbor seal would appear right next to me to see if what I took a picture of was edible. It did this 4 or 5 times, and also just kept tagging along with us for a good part of the dive. The seals hanging around Breakwater are very smart and have learned the divers' lights make it much easier to find food. It was very friendly and rolled over for a belly scritch.

Diving at Breakwater on Sunday was incredible. Viz was 25-30 in spots, the water was lake-like, and the temps varied from 52-57. I have been there many times, but I saw critters on our two dives that I have never seen there and several I had never seen anywhere. I can't even guess what family one creature belongs in. I hope it's okay I post a picture here (sorry it's not the greatest) and maybe someone can educate me.
IMG_0856.jpg

Dove North Monastery Monday. Walked in and out. Vis was about 40' and blue at 93 feet depth. Very calm below 20'. Lots of Lings out there. Saw a monkey face eel at 11 feet depth before ending the dive. It was just as enjoyable as seeing a frog fish in the tropics.

Where's the parking for the shop? I've always wanted to drop by Seven Seas, but whenever I drive by it on my way to the breakwater all the parking spots out front are taken, and I'm not a big fan of long walks with steel tanks.

The City isn't keen on giving Cannery Row businesses parking, unfortunately. There's a single 24-minute space in front of the shop and one hour spaces on either side. Other Thant that there at metered spaces on the hillside next to the shop.

-Adrian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom