Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went to Point Lobos Tuesday (9/2) and had a great time. Visibility was about 35' below 70 fsw and maybe 20' in the shallows. Calm seas, no surge...what more could you want? We went around Rock Garden to the west and north almost to 3 sisters. My wife thought we were going to Breakwater so she brought a wet suit instead of a dry suit. That meant she was shivering at 90 fsw, so we had to turn early. I came back with 1000 psi, which felt like a lot of wasted opportunity!

rockgarden.jpg

Breakwater yesterday had 15ft+ along the wall. A little surgy. Vis dropped a little for second dive. The further you got from the wall vis decreased. Were going to do Metridium but someone coming back in said they had about 12 ft. 60 degree water.

Point Lobos today. Pretty bad vis inside the cove, but around 25-30 feet further out (at 45+ feet depth). Not very much surge at all. Water warm with 57F.

Dived South Monastery 9/6 with my son.

No swell to speak of and a little surge under 30'. Easy entry and exit.

Water was a nice 58 and 56 degrees on two dives. Lots of life, many good sized Lings.

CAM00842.jpg

Hey Keith how was vis on your 2 dives?

We descended in about 25 fsw and vis was about 15'. As we progressed on a 270 heading, it got better as we went deeper. We never made it past 43 fsw and it was a good 25' at that point.

Just dove south monastery. Little to no surge. Probably 25+ft viz. Entry was pretty trivial.

Today we did a really nice loop of Lone Metridium --> Seamount --> Beto's Reef --> 3 Sisters --> Rock Garden --> Lone Metridium. Visibility was about 35' until we came up shallow and got near the cove, at which point it dropped to about 20'. The water temperature has dropped a bit recently: we saw 53F for much of our dive. Calm conditions, only one other dive team in the water. There's a reason I like mid-week diving!

I am guessing you did all that with a single tank right?
Today we did a really nice loop of Lone Metridium --> Seamount --> Beto's Reef --> 3 Sisters --> Rock Garden --> Lone Metridium. Visibility was about 35' until we came up shallow and got near the cove, at which point it dropped to about 20'. The water temperature has dropped a bit recently: we saw 53F for much of our dive. Calm conditions, only one other dive team in the water. There's a reason I like mid-week diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom