Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's the video of the sea lions stealing my GoPro on Friday:

Did two dives yesterday at San Carlos, bopping around Metridium, middle reef, and the wall, while dodging OW classes. Vis was around 15' at Metridium and worse elsewhere, down to 5'-ish toward the end of the second dive (swell and wind coming in). As cool as 54° at Metridium, but closer to 56° elsewhere. Happened upon a few thousand pipefish schooling in middle reef amongst the kelp. Pretty epic. I didn't know they gathered like that.

A single dive, planned for late morning and at low tide at North Monastery Beach, with surprisingly decent conditions, despite the recent swell -- about six meters of visibility, halfway out to the splash rock. It did, though, take a bit of timing, hanging out, and finessing to get out on one's feet, in front of the kelp canopy.

There was about five meters of the aggregate generation of twin-sailed salp, Thetys vagina (yeah, no kidding), over the sand / kelp margin, each member about the size of a Coke can, and quite a few loose individuals as well.

Afterwards, I spoke with a couple of divers on the Monterey side, who claimed decent visibility along the "reef" at San Carlos Beach; but I already had a coffee and a rainy commute . . .

2 dives today at Breakwater. 30 foot vis +/-. 50 degree water temp. Nice to be back in the water. Saw a bunch of moon jellies. Saw Bigbella as well. Always a special sighting.

2 dives today at Breakwater. 30 foot vis +/-. 50 degree water temp. Nice to be back in the water. Saw a bunch of moon jellies. Saw Bigbella as well. Always a special sighting.
What/who is Bigbella?

ACHiPo- He is a wapscallion and you should fwow him to the fwaw pweeze. (bonus points if you get the movie reference) Look up above a few posts and you will see Bigbella.

Just starting to feel my feet . . .

ACHiPo- He is a wapscallion and you should fwow him to the fwaw pweeze. (bonus points if you get the movie reference) Look up above a few posts and you will see Bigbella.
Life of Brian (wow that’s an obscure one from a long time ago!). Thanks. Thought Bigbella might be a critter (I suppose we all are). Look forward to meeting you all one of these days. Trying to get psyched up to go cold and murky after many years of warm and clear.

Back
Top Bottom