Monterey Pics 5-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Here are some pics from my first dive at the actual Ballbuster pinnacle and a few more from one of my favorite spots on Shale Island.

Egg Yolk Jellyfish

P5190009-01pssm.jpg

Different Egg Yolk, stuck on a rock. When we came back to the anchor, this one was being eaten by a Red Rock Crab.

P5190015-01pssm.jpg

Striped Seaperch. This guy didn't run away. Usually all I get is their tails.

P5190020-01pssm.jpg

Chestnut Cowries

P5190012-01sm.jpg

Where's Waldo? Look closely at the center of the picture.

P5190005-01pssm.jpg

Tritonia Festiva

P5190083-01cropsm.jpg

Some sort of Feather Duster Worm, I think. Anyone recognize it?

P5190076-01sm.jpg

Vemillion Rockfish

P5190061-01sm.jpg

Copper Rockfish3

P5190046-01sm.jpg

Why Shale Island is one of my favorite dives.

P5190045-01sm.jpg

Those are outstanding Larry. What a great collection of California life! Beautiful job, I am really envious that you get to do that every weekend :). Please keep 'em coming, ++Ken++

Thanks, Kristin and Ken. David, I tried, but as soon as I started setting up the shot, it scurried off. I got a picture of the crab running away, but not chewing on the bell of the Jelly. Here's the crab, leaving the scene. I really like his outfit.

P5190041-01sm.jpg

Here's what's left of the Jelly

P5190040-01sm.jpg

Oh man now I am jealous, we went out to dive Ballbuster, but the Monterey Express captain could not get the anchor to stick. Nice pics!

Beautiful shots Larry and thank you for sharing them. The fish look like they were just hamming it up and posing for you! :D

Peter_C:
Oh man now I am jealous, we went out to dive Ballbuster, but the Monterey Express captain could not get the anchor to stick. Nice pics!

We got in about 9:30. After a 40 minute dive, we came up to waves breaking over the transom. The wind really came up while we were down. We were glad we decided against going to Carmel again.

Thanks Lifeisfullofgooddives, Mobeeno and Zen Man.

Zen Man: Frankly, Rockfish are pretty easy. They just kind of sit there on their rocks, waiting for food to come by. The spear gun guys eat a lot of Rockfish. (Red Snapper on your restaurant menu). You should have seen that school of Rockies move when the big Lingcod came snapping out from under the Shale though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom