Moped rentals...PLEASE DON'T do it....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Death-peds are bad.... I was in Ibiza, Spain and two of my mates were in a total of three acidents in the same day... Other than a little road rash and a few stitches they were ok.... I have very good balance and I almost ate S*!t a few times the same day. In my case and probably theres the bikes were under powered and not maintained properly.

lmao@three accidents in one day...lmao

ohhh man.

I doubt it was the mopeds.

ggunn:
You guys wanna take that outside?
They had several posts removed before the crash, and might have had a vacation - but the site was down.

Rented mopeds about 2 months ago when we all went to Cozumel and it was some of the most fun we had.

I think you have to use your own best judgement on this issue.

Accidents can happen at anytime. Anyplace.

Yah.... really don't rent on the moped.. its not beneficial...

If someone is renting a moped they need to realize they become invisible once they are on the road.

"I didn't see him" is probably the most frequently heard statement after a motorcycle/car collision.

This event three years ago was unfortunate, as are all accidents. But, at the end of the day, it's not about mopeds; it's about the possible consequences of attempting anything that's beyond one's experience level and/or abilities. Caveat emptor.

I've ridden motorcycles for a good portion of my life and would never consider riding a moped in Coz. Do you really want to be driving a moped in the midst of a bunch of other tourists driving rented vehicles they are unfamiliar with, who don't know the roads and are rubbernecking? And many of them are drunk to boot! Not my idea of a wise move even if you are an experienced rider.

Common Bill.. It's [always] a rush [here] riding! You can borrow mine next time your on the Island..

Joking aside, if you are an absent minded or less than vigilant driver with no 2-wheel experience and really want to rent a vehicle, you would be well advised to go with 4 wheels, bumpers and seat belts, and then not only opt-in for insurance, but VERIFY they really have it.

So far, I've only had 2 some-what close calls on my scooter. If I hadn't been paying attention, it could have ended in a wreck, rather than my finger in the air and a few choice words..

Back
Top Bottom