More Battery Charging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Ploegert

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I am not a diver but have a new rental house in North Central Florida's cave diving country I am setting up to accommodate cave divers so any advice will be appreciated. Getting ready to install a battery charging bench and need to know how large it should be to have enough room for all of the chargers and batteries 4 typical cave divers might want to charge at one time. Also, can the same bench be used for any equipment set-up or repair they might need to do, and will a plywood work surface be satisfactory for both purposes?
John

I am not a diver but have a new rental house in North Central Florida's cave diving country I am setting up to accommodate cave divers so any advice will be appreciated. Getting ready to install a battery charging bench and need to know how large it should be to have enough room for all of the chargers and batteries 4 typical cave divers might want to charge at one time. Also, can the same bench be used for any equipment set-up or repair they might need to do, and will a plywood work surface be satisfactory for both purposes?
John

Not a cave diver, nor do I play one on TV :wink: but I would suggest a double plywood top with a good marine urethane finish. It would be durable and stand the test of time.

At least two outlets per diver, maybe 3. This allows lights and scooters to be charged. I doubt most cave divers will want or need to charge more than two scooters and one light each.

Plywood is ok I guess, but I personally hate when the edges start to splinter and get rough. If you can finish it in a way that prevents that, then go for it. A good light is certainly a must, though.

Please pm me your details, you might have a customer when you're finished :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom