Morrison Report - 4/3/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Went diving, took some pics, water is still a bit murky, up about 5ft. Vis was about 10ft. COuldnt see the platform from the surface. On the plus side, place was pretty empty. If it doesnt rain I expect itll be clear by next weekend.

Photo Gallery - ScubaBoard Gallery - Morrison 4/10

Excellent news! Thanks, Jon! I have a dry suit course coming up in a couple of weekends and I was hoping we could do it at Morrison.

It was my first dive since november and first Morrison dive since a year ago, so it was nice to be back in the water, though I was hoping for better clarity since river levels were so far down. Guess I need to start waiting 2 weeks after a flood. Also had a OW student with me, and that went well. Not as easy teaching in lower vis water, but it will make him a better diver.

Oh and we had a snake swim right between us on the surface!

The water levels have to be much lower when the river water is colder than the spring water for the basin to clear. Also, on the downswing of a flood, it needs to drop to a lower level before it clears compared to the levels it stays clear on the rise.

When the river is warmer, and if it was an upswing, the basin could still be clean at that level :)

Just not right now :/

Yep, I think there is just too much standing water in the basin still. Another couple weeks without rain should do it. Ill be going to vortex next time probably to change it up in any case.

Dove Morrison today. Although not gin clear (it does have a hint of tanic brown still) the vis was excellent. Could see the platform easily from the basin...

Also, be warned. The Ponce de Leon area schools must be out for spring break as the locals have returned. Or maybe they just don't attend school. Either way, be prepared. Remember... talk slow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom