Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a big difference between Morrison and Vortex. Vortex has artificial structures and swim throughs in the basin area. Morrison is still COMPLETLY natural looking below the water.

Dove Morrisons this weekend with AUCade. It was great!!!!!

Looking forward to a visit to Morrisons during Springfest. Was the basin flooded this weekend? I would guess by PHD's report it might have been.

It looked good on Thursday night, waterlevels and all. Since then, the water levels are rising, so if you didn't get out there this weekend, ya might have to wait for things to subside a bit.

I haven't been there since it's been "open"

I have the day off, I could swing by, take some pictures, and come back with an up to date report...
A report would be appreciated, It would give you something to do on your off day. Something besides keeping EGG in line anyway. And I do not volunteer to take over in your absence.

It looked good on Thursday night, waterlevels and all. Since then, the water levels are rising, so if you didn't get out there this weekend, ya might have to wait for things to subside a bit.
I had a few friends that were planning to dive there Saturday. I told them it would most likely be flooded. I do not have a report from them as of yet.

I had a few friends that were planning to dive there Saturday. I told them it would most likely be flooded. I do not have a report from them as of yet.

I'm willing to bet there dives went quite well :) Water should have been nice!

So now Morison = Vortex. This sucks. It was perfect just like it was damit.

Not true...

Vortex is a commercial operation, with a campground, etc...

Morrison is a park. The basin is much prettier, it's larger, etc...

They just added a boardwalk/dock, paved the parking lot, etc... besides the dock, the basin is unchanged.

The real benefit is that boaters are now no longer launching directly from the same beach that the divers are entering. They have a new boat ramp just downstream. There are also "No Boats" buoy's up at the entrance to the basin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom